Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update for Windows Phone users

Update for Windows Phone users

In 2017 we confirmed Spotify for Windows Phone had been placed into maintenance mode.

We want to make current Spotify for Windows Phone users aware that the maintenance mode status is ending in 2019. Windows Phone users will not be able to use Spotify on previously supported Windows Phones with full functionality.

We’ll be winding down the app over a 3-month period, starting December 10th. During this time, functionality of the app will disappear – including the ability to search - and it will eventually stop working.

The following are the system requirements for using Spotify and accessing Spotify content through the Spotify app can be found here.”

52 Replies

@hans-jürgen wrote:

@MichelNH  schrieb:

@hans-jürgen wrote:

FYI: Deezer just replaced their old Windows 10 UWP app with their new desktop version, so you cannot download it anymore from the MS Store.

Have  you looked in the Microsoft store on  your Windows phone? Because I have and it's still there, indeed with a fine update last week! 

I don't have a Windows Phone, only using Windows 10 on my desktop PC where you get their new desktop app in the MS Store now if you try to download it. But thanks for the info, does the new Windows Phone app also support the HiFi audio setting with FLAC streaming? That would be a unique feature, because their Android and iOS apps do not, only their desktop app.

I don't see the possibility of HiFi  audio settings at the Windows app. It's still a Unoversal app, because I can install it from my phone to all my devices. Of course the app had more features on my pc/laptop as on my phone, which hopefully  will be the same with a Surface Phone. 

Ok so what you are saying is that me getting the 3 months discounted was a waste of money. I mean I did it because it was advertised to me. And I assumed it would work on my phone because the app is still available in the windows store. And to have to check the forum threads to find out I just threw money out the window pisses me off. I had stopped my premium subscription because of how shitty the app was in the first place and was stupidly convinced the discounted price was worth the hassle. And what does "placing the app in maintenance mode" even mean, you either support windows phone or you don't but stop tiptoeing around.

@thepinkpanther wrote:

Ok so what you are saying is that me getting the 3 months discounted was a waste of money. I mean I did it because it was advertised to me. And I assumed it would work on my phone because the app is still available in the windows store. And to have to check the forum threads to find out I just threw money out the window pisses me off. I had stopped my premium subscription because of how shitty the app was in the first place and was stupidly convinced the discounted price was worth the hassle. And what does "placing the app in maintenance mode" even mean, you either support windows phone or you don't but stop tiptoeing around.

Welcome to Spotify, I think they hate Microsoft 'were they are quite familiar with apple -which is their biggest competitor- (very strange indeed). I still have a premium account of Spotify, because it's  in my contract with my provider 😡 But I do like Deezer and indeed much better on every Windows device! 

it worked just fine. why is that? why? i only have a windows phone, there's no one else. and you didn't any explanation.. i dont understand you..

1C88952E-3A7E-42DE-8369-A86E36ADA262.jpg

I just got the  640 LTE (Windows 8.1 Mobile).I want to the functionality of that on Windows Mobile. It is smoother than the ios and android. I will update to Windows 10 Mobile soon.
Please respect to the user willing. 

1212.PNG

736C6B55-3E5F-4B25-9E96-CCB9229CEDE5.png

Hi,

I own and use for many times my Lumia 950 and for a couple of months Spotify Premium family...

What a surprise when I saw on my phone the search gives no results...

I moved to Deezer from today and will cancel my subscription to Spotify.

Cheers

Windows Phone is officially obsolete, Microsoft tells users to switch to Android or iOS.

https://m.gsmarena.com/windows_phone_is_officially_obsolete_microsoft_tells_users_to_switch_to_andro...

86% of computer / tablet / laptop users are on WINDOWS

see https://netmarketshare.com/

The Spotify Windows app falls far short of the functionality of those on ios and Android, is memory-hungry and not a great user experience.

Spotify has deliberately disenfranchised paying Spotify users onW10m by slowly killing the app.

Why not make Windows users happy by replacing the current Windows app with a new UWP with the same functionality as the ios and Android apps?

There is the Spotify web player, but functionality on w10m is impaired and many actions currently result in redirection to the app which is being killed off!

Spotify could work with MS to fix that if they wanted to...

Tell me what market share has Windows 10 Mobile on the Mobile OS’ market, then we’ll talk about UWP app that nobody needs

StudentGrantGB  Microsoft themself want to ''KILL'' the mobile OS.

I can't see any reason for SPOTIFY or other software spand there reasorses on OS that going to desepeare in several years from now.

Every platform have here epproach. I never understood for what Microsoft Mobile os will be good for phone users the same as i can't see any benefit for Android as a PC OS.

Hi,

I have Lumia 950XL and last month a couldn´t search any song. Ok I agree Spotify kill all Windows mobile user, because Spotify spend a lot of money for this. But if I open www.spotify.com in browser on my mobile phone, why I can use ony mobile version without search bar? Why I can´t switch browser to desktop full mode, where is search bar for normal searching? Now I have any chance to use Spotify corectly!!! Spotify please create switch button to desktop mode from your mobile web page.

thanks

Tomas

Hello,

bad news for WinPone users. Bleak vision, where to change. Over priced Apple or terrible Android...

Seems, I've to cancel the premium pack, as I use Spotify on smartphone only...

John

It's been over a year and nobody ayt Spotify can tell me (and the rest of us) why they are so incompenet as to not have a true UWP app for all 600 million odd W10 users. I have gone from a fan of his company to thinking they are at the bottom of the heap.

Thank you both Spotify and Microsoft for taking our money and provide such poor service.

@hans-jürgen wrote:

@MichelNH  schrieb:

@hans-jürgen wrote:

FYI: Deezer just replaced their old Windows 10 UWP app with their new desktop version, so you cannot download it anymore from the MS Store.

Have  you looked in the Microsoft store on  your Windows phone? Because I have and it's still there, indeed with a fine update last week! 

I don't have a Windows Phone, only using Windows 10 on my desktop PC where you get their new desktop app in the MS Store now if you try to download it. But thanks for the info, does the new Windows Phone app also support the HiFi audio setting with FLAC streaming? That would be a unique feature, because their Android and iOS apps do not, only their desktop app.

From the technical support of Spotify they confirmed that Spotify stops with the app for Windows 10 and they said me to take Deezer were they staying to support their UWP app.  I'm not happy with all my playlist of several years, which I can't take with me to Deezer. But I'm not using my phone only for music, but also for business and that's were Windows is the best. Were my HP Elite X3 has a wonderful sound with B&O build "Deezer here I come!" 

'Hallo Michel,

Dank voor je terugkoppeling.

Wij hebben getracht te achterhalen waarom de zoekfunctie verdwijnt voor Windows phone. Helaas moeten wij je het antwoord schuldig blijven. Rond midden maart zal de functie volledig zijn verdwenen. Wij begrijpen volledig je teleurstelling, meer in het bijzonder de door jou gedane investering.

Wij kunnen je als alternatief Deezer aanraden. Deezer heeft een universele Windows app.

Het spijt ons niet aan je verzoek te kunnen voldoen. Wij hopen dat wij je zo voldoende hebben geïnformeerd. Als je verder nog andere vragen hebt, horen wij het graag.

Een hele fijne dag toegewenst!

xxxxx

Spotify Customer Support'

There is always Pandora now. The client is still available for Windows Phone, and they now offer streaming service like Spotify does.

I informed them I would be not be using the service again after my Sub runs out in March due to the Windows Phone Termination.

In reality this is not the end of Windows on phone devices.

MS is releasing  their Windows 10 Andromeda, which is suppose to make it easier to have applications on both Intel and ARM systems. You will be able to install WIndows 10 Andromeda on either a Desktop device or an ARM based cellphone.

@GeekBoy03 wrote:

There is always Pandora now. The client is still available for Windows Phone, and they now offer streaming service like Spotify does.

I informed them I would be not be using the service again after my Sub runs out in March due to the Windows Phone Termination.

In reality this is not the end of Windows on phone devices.

MS is releasing  their Windows 10 Andromeda, which is suppose to make it easier to have applications on both Intel and ARM systems. You will be able to install WIndows 10 Andromeda on either a Desktop device or an ARM based cellphone.

And with that there'll come the Surface Phone on the market. I also don't understand anything from a company like Spotify, which brings several Spotify apps on the store instead of one (cheaper and better performance) UWP app. "I always learned -1 negative client tells it to 100 people and  gives 10 other negative clients-"

What a pity. I love my windows phone. In the future w/o spotify.

Was wondering why the search function doesn't work anymore.

Now I know.

Thank you spotify 😞

My whole family is using android and wil continue. I need to find something else. Or I start byuing CD's again, its probably even cheaper

Buying CD works good for w10m, which still rocks with Groove and works great. CDs incredibly cheap at charity shops, eBay and musicmagpie; if you want just one particular song you can often buy whole album or a compilation CD at same price as the one track on Amazon etc. Rip CD to WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER on your w10 pc, make sure it saves to OneDrive and syncs to Groove and you're away. Then sell the CD or donate to charity shop 😀

Suggested posts