Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Update for Windows Phone users

Highlighted
2 people liked this

Re: Update for Windows Phone users

john_the_hiker
Casual Listener

An another possibility is to move to DEEZER. I try it and it works well... So by by Spotify...

1 person liked this

TrebroNorberT
Casual Listener

ok. My subscription will disappear as well...

spotify sucks

2 people liked this

MichelNH
Music Fan

@TrebroNorberT wrote:

ok. My subscription will disappear as well...

spotify sucks

Still don't understand why Spotify stops with a part of Windows and don't make a UWP app "stupid"! 

1 person liked this

tuktuk
Casual Listener

I recommend Deezer as this seems to be the one of the few platforms that works consistenly well across all the devices I own.

2 people liked this

StudentGrantGB
Regular

Good news! There's an unofficial app that works!

Unofficial Spotify player (Web wrapper) UWP - is (almost) brilliant http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/flow/item/23417_Unofficial_Spotify_player_Web_.php 

Unofficial Spotify player (Web wrapper) https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N225ZTQPB6K 

StudentGrantGB
Regular

Microsoft Groove Update

If you were thinking of using Groove to stream your music, Microsoft have just put a spanner in that as they have announced...

On 31 March 2019, Groove Music OneDrive streaming support will be retired. Your personal music files will continue to be available in OneDrive. You can keep listening to your music by using the OneDrive web player or by downloading your files and playing them in the Groove Music app......

With this change, music collections and playlists stored in the Groove Music service will no longer be synchronised after 31 March 2019 and will be deleted from the service only within 30 days. Your music collection and playlists will remain stored on your device by the Groove Music application

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4487598/groove-music-onedrive-streaming-faq?ocid=ema_rmc_gr...

GeekBoy03
Casual Listener

Microsoft sold Groove assets to Spotify last year.

1 person liked this

GeekBoy03
Casual Listener

Reading between the lines at Microsoft, it seems they have not withdrawn Windows Mobile due to lack of interest, but problems they perceived, It seems they wanted more seamless integration between desktop and Mobile. Do recall the criticism they received for their original Surface Tablets. Because they ran on ARM processors, and not Intel compatibles ones, making few applications available for them. Then they eventually came out with Universal Windows Apps in which you could make applications for both desktop, and mobile, Apparently that had issues also. Notice recently they now have Windows 10 available on ARM processors. Even special free versions available for Small Board Computers such as the Raspberry Pi.

There is talk of a new Windows 10 called Andromeda which will run on both Intel and ARM systems, thus eliminating the need to have multiple versions of an application. There are even rumors of Microsoft coming out with a device which they will call a "digital assistant" which acts like both a tablet, and a cell phone. Suppose to even fold up.

If this is the case, then I welcome the demise of Windows 10 Mobile if it means a better experience in the future on mobile devices.

1 person liked this

MichelNH
Music Fan

@GeekBoy03 wrote:

Reading between the lines at Microsoft, it seems they have not withdrawn Windows Mobile due to lack of interest, but problems they perceived, It seems they wanted more seamless integration between desktop and Mobile. Do recall the criticism they received for their original Surface Tablets. Because they ran on ARM processors, and not Intel compatibles ones, making few applications available for them. Then they eventually came out with Universal Windows Apps in which you could make applications for both desktop, and mobile, Apparently that had issues also. Notice recently they now have Windows 10 available on ARM processors. Even special free versions available for Small Board Computers such as the Raspberry Pi.

There is talk of a new Windows 10 called Andromeda which will run on both Intel and ARM systems, thus eliminating the need to have multiple versions of an application. There are even rumors of Microsoft coming out with a device which they will call a "digital assistant" which acts like both a tablet, and a cell phone. Suppose to even fold up.

If this is the case, then I welcome the demise of Windows 10 Mobile if it means a better experience in the future on mobile devices.

I'm or better; We're waiting for Windows 10 Andromeda as well😎 But till then, Windows users have no other options and so it's still stupid from @spotify to turn their back to us! 

_s_e_b_b_i_

Yes, there's the Spotify Web Player

SUGGESTED POSTS