Update for Windows Phone users

Re: Update for Windows Phone users

MichelNH
Music Fan

@hans-jürgen wrote:

@MichelNH  schrieb:

@hans-jürgen wrote:

FYI: Deezer just replaced their old Windows 10 UWP app with their new desktop version, so you cannot download it anymore from the MS Store.

Have  you looked in the Microsoft store on  your Windows phone? Because I have and it's still there, indeed with a fine update last week! 

I don't have a Windows Phone, only using Windows 10 on my desktop PC where you get their new desktop app in the MS Store now if you try to download it. But thanks for the info, does the new Windows Phone app also support the HiFi audio setting with FLAC streaming? That would be a unique feature, because their Android and iOS apps do not, only their desktop app.

I don't see the possibility of HiFi  audio settings at the Windows app. It's still a Unoversal app, because I can install it from my phone to all my devices. Of course the app had more features on my pc/laptop as on my phone, which hopefully  will be the same with a Surface Phone. 

thepinkpanther
Casual Listener

Ok so what you are saying is that me getting the 3 months discounted was a waste of money. I mean I did it because it was advertised to me. And I assumed it would work on my phone because the app is still available in the windows store. And to have to check the forum threads to find out I just threw money out the window pisses me off. I had stopped my premium subscription because of how shitty the app was in the first place and was stupidly convinced the discounted price was worth the hassle. And what does "placing the app in maintenance mode" even mean, you either support windows phone or you don't but stop tiptoeing around.

MichelNH
Music Fan

@thepinkpanther wrote:

Ok so what you are saying is that me getting the 3 months discounted was a waste of money. I mean I did it because it was advertised to me. And I assumed it would work on my phone because the app is still available in the windows store. And to have to check the forum threads to find out I just threw money out the window pisses me off. I had stopped my premium subscription because of how shitty the app was in the first place and was stupidly convinced the discounted price was worth the hassle. And what does "placing the app in maintenance mode" even mean, you either support windows phone or you don't but stop tiptoeing around.

Welcome to Spotify, I think they hate Microsoft 'were they are quite familiar with apple -which is their biggest competitor- (very strange indeed). I still have a premium account of Spotify, because it's  in my contract with my provider 😡 But I do like Deezer and indeed much better on every Windows device! 

eyubco

it worked just fine. why is that? why? i only have a windows phone, there's no one else. and you didn't any explanation.. i dont understand you..

vsnst

1C88952E-3A7E-42DE-8369-A86E36ADA262.jpg

I just got the  640 LTE (Windows 8.1 Mobile).I want to the functionality of that on Windows Mobile. It is smoother than the ios and android. I will update to Windows 10 Mobile soon.
Please respect to the user willing. 

1212.PNG

736C6B55-3E5F-4B25-9E96-CCB9229CEDE5.png

pbusset

Hi,

I own and use for many times my Lumia 950 and for a couple of months Spotify Premium family...

What a surprise when I saw on my phone the search gives no results...

I moved to Deezer from today and will cancel my subscription to Spotify.

Cheers

Rising Star 1 max_e87
Rising Star 1

Windows Phone is officially obsolete, Microsoft tells users to switch to Android or iOS.

https://m.gsmarena.com/windows_phone_is_officially_obsolete_microsoft_tells_users_to_switch_to_andro...

StudentGrantGB
Regular

86% of computer / tablet / laptop users are on WINDOWS

see https://netmarketshare.com/

The Spotify Windows app falls far short of the functionality of those on ios and Android, is memory-hungry and not a great user experience.

Spotify has deliberately disenfranchised paying Spotify users onW10m by slowly killing the app.

Why not make Windows users happy by replacing the current Windows app with a new UWP with the same functionality as the ios and Android apps?

StudentGrantGB
Regular

There is the Spotify web player, but functionality on w10m is impaired and many actions currently result in redirection to the app which is being killed off!

Spotify could work with MS to fix that if they wanted to...

just_kubi
Casual Listener

Tell me what market share has Windows 10 Mobile on the Mobile OS’ market, then we’ll talk about UWP app that nobody needs

SUGGESTED POSTS