Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update problems

Solved!

Update problems

I have enjoyed Spotify Premium both on my Windows Phone and Samsung Smart TV for some time now. However, following a recent Spotify update the app on my phone keeps informing me to upgrade to premium and I cannot sign into the account on the TV. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps on phone and TV to no avail.
I've checked my account and I'm definitely paying for Premium. Why does an 'update' invariably cause problems where an app has been trouble-free previously?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @NWJ,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @NWJ,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts