Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Spotify Logo

Solved!

Using Spotify Logo

My Question or Issue

I would like to ask for permission of using Spotify Logo in my upcoming video on YouTube. Spotify Logo will appear only for 2 seconds at the beginning to promote my single (Out Now On Spotify).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Luecash,

Unfortunately, you are not permitted to use Spotify's logo for advertising or promoting your business. 

See the terms and conditions - under section 4 "Rights We Grant You". Here's a link.

All Spotify trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of the Spotify brand (“Spotify Brand Features”) are the sole property of Spotify or its licensors. The Agreements do not grant you any rights to use any Spotify Brand Features whether for commercial or non-commercial use.

Hope that helps! If you would like to discuss your brand with Spotify, there is a division called Spotify for Brands that can help you promote your business. Check out this site www.spotify.com/brands.

I hope this helps 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Luecash,

Unfortunately, you are not permitted to use Spotify's logo for advertising or promoting your business. 

See the terms and conditions - under section 4 "Rights We Grant You". Here's a link.

All Spotify trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of the Spotify brand (“Spotify Brand Features”) are the sole property of Spotify or its licensors. The Agreements do not grant you any rights to use any Spotify Brand Features whether for commercial or non-commercial use.

Hope that helps! If you would like to discuss your brand with Spotify, there is a division called Spotify for Brands that can help you promote your business. Check out this site www.spotify.com/brands.

I hope this helps 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star

But is it possible to get that permission? I'm not asking if I can get it now, but just if it's possible to get the permission? I've seen some artists lr even just small YouTubers using Spotify Logo in their videos. Thanks

@Luecash,

Thanks for the reply!

As explained in my last reply, If you would like to discuss your brand with Spotify, there is a division called Spotify for Brands that can help you promote your business. Check out this site www.spotify.com/brands.

I am not too certain if you’re able to get permission, but you can also read more in the link I provided to the terms of use. 

Hope this helps 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star

Most artists I have seen put the link in the video description. It looks kinda bad when there are random logos in the video. Usually when I am watching a music video my first thought is to check the video description. 

You can also also check out the branding guidelines here: https://developer.spotify.com/branding-guidelines/

Great site that helps artists with lots of info: https://artists.spotify.com

MattSudaSpotify Star

Alright, this part looks so huge that I'm lost and don't know where to go on that page. Is it possible that you could send me here direct link to the site where can I discuss promotion ofy business, please? Thank you 🙂

Hi there, I'm making a sticker for a non-profit playlist that's on Spotify. I understand I can't use the logo/icon, but using a non-graphic word 'Spotify' in a sentence is licit?

Suggested posts