Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone X, LG G6, Moto G6, Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android 8.)

My Question or Issue

I currently have Spotify premium and enjoy it very much. My two sons (11 and 12) are just getting into music. I would like both of them to have access to Spotify in their bedroom so they could listen to music on a smart/bluetooth speaker. However, we have a strict 'no phones in bedrooms' rule, which I would like to keep in place for as long as possible. Is there a set-up we can use (Sonos?) that would allow them full Spotify access without having a phone in their room?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Hi!

In this situation, I can think of two options.

- You can buy a smart speaker for them, and pair them with their own Spotify account. This way, they can control their music using voice-commands. If you do this with a Sonos-speaker, you remain in control by using the Sonos app on your phone. (Disabling the mic when they need to go to sleep, for instance)

- You can use an old phone/tablet with parental control, where they can only use Spotify on. You can block the use of other apps so they are Spotify-only, so see these devices as a "Spotify-controller" instead of mobile devices.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know! 🙂

Thanks for this. Great ideas - I think the Sonos speaker would like gain most traction as another gadget for them to play with...

Hello @dbdkmaf-e_48j,

I would just like to add that many Sonos speakers already come with the Alexa voice assistant. Perhaps your speaker can already be controlled by using your voice.

Happy listening!

Suggested posts