Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using my free account in South Korea

Using my free account in South Korea

Hello everyone,

I recently moved to South Korea.

I always used a free spotify account without problems with the web player.

The first days in Korea I was able to login and listening music but after 1 week when I logged in again it was not possible to listen music anymore.

In the homepage of Spotify Web Player there is written clearly that Spotify is not available yet in Korea but if I have a Spotify account in another part of the world I can login as usual. There is no any mention about free and premium account.

I don't understand how it was possible to work during first days and then suddenly not working anymore.

I hope someone can help me with that.

Thank you all  🙂

8 Replies

Hi!

Well, I just found this on this help page, and I think that it can bring some light on your current situation:

"If you’re a Free user, you can use Spotify in a different country to the one registered on your account for up to 14 days. After that, you’ll need to upgrade to Premium or change the country on your account."

What is curious for me, is that as you mentioned, in your case it only lasted a week and not the 14 days, so let's see if someone of the Rockstars, or someone of the guys from Spotify (Rory, or Meredith for example) could take a look at this for further explanation, or clarification, or, in the last instance you could try to contact Customer Support via this page. I suggest to use the "Email us via our contact form." as this is the one that I have used before.

You can search for a possible answer, or follow the follwing path "Subscription --> Other --> Still Need Help" to send a message to Customer Support. If you chose this path, an email will arrive to your email, and you need to reply it (even if its an automated email) to "confirm".

Best regards.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

It's very ugly that on the Spotify web player homepage there is no written about limitations for free users.

It would have been very honest if they add these limitations in the homepage .

So it means that until I don't upgrade to premium I will not be able to use Spotify anymore...that's so unfair.

Anyway I will contact them via email...I wanna see what they reply.

Thank you again  🙂

Hi!

You're welcome! I'm glad that I was able to help you, or at least give to you a starting point.

Also I hope that your problem will be solved soon.

Best regards!

Hey @chopenish,

This might help sort out the territory issue with your Spotify Free account: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_options/full-list-of-territories-where....

If you've set up an account that does support Spotify, you might want to consider upgrading to Premium with a payment method that matches the country set on your account. Hope that helps 🙂

Use vpn and choose the location of your country it will reset your account then repeat this every 14 days. Just connecting to vpn time to time will work it out.

First connect to vpn then open the spotify website

Good news!

Spotify has announced that it will be coming to South Korea in the first half of 2021

News article:

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2020-12-17/spotify-set-to-launch-in-south-korea-in-the-first-half-of-20...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Good news!

Spotify is now available in South Korea.

News article:

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-02-01/spotify-launches-in-south-korea/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts