Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

VIZIO's Built in Chromecast Issues

VIZIO's Built in Chromecast Issues

When I cast my music to my new VIZIO smartcast TV with built in Chromecast, my playlist stops after each song. I have to hit next on my phone or laptop every time. What is happening here? Is there a compatability issue?  

27 Replies

any responses?

Hey all, just to keep you in the loop, I sent the following message to VIZIO support (under request #15940827) and will keep you posted if I hear anything back from them:

Subject: 

Playback issues with Amazon Video, Spotify, and Crackle (M50-E1)

Hi,

I'm having playback issues with my VIZIO SmartCast™ M-Series™ 50" Class Ultra HD HDR XLED Plus™ Display | M50-E1.

Spotify, Crackle, and Amazon Video all seem to have the same symptom of not playing the next video/song automatically.

- For Amazon Video, it doesn't automatically play the next episode of a show. The countdown to automatically play the next episode counts down to 0 but then nothing happens instead of starting playing the next video.

- For Spotify, it stops at the very end of every song and I have to manually skip to the next one for it to continue playing my playlist.

- For Crackle, I'm able to start watching a movie but then during the commercial breaks it may play a commercial or two and then it gets stuck on the last frame of the commercial and won't resume playing the movie (or the next commercial).

All these issues seem related and I believe it may be an issue on VIZIO's side with either the hardware or the version of SmartCast / Chromecast that needs a more recent upgrade. My TV currently runs Cast Version: 1.22.78594 but I'm told that other devices run versions between 1.27.96538 - 1.28.10555, so we're way behind.

Other VIZIO users are complaining of the same issue about Spotify on the Spotify forum:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/002/page/1/thread-id/34604

I would be grateful if you could please escalate this issue to your technical team for them to look at. It makes it really painful to use my VIZIO tv.

Best regards,

Alex

I've had the same issue, it works sometimes but most times stops after a song. If you go to -menu---system---reset & admin---soft power cycle... It will then work but for how long?

Sorry, I failed publishing updates from Vizio here but after going back-and-forth with their support team asking me to do factory resets of my TV unit and sending them all version information of the TV system, on March 9 Vizio support ended up sending me this email:

At this time we are working on rolling out a new firmware update for the unit, this update should be applied to the unit within the next couple of weeks. Once the update is applied, please see if the issue continues.  If it does please try to factory reset the unit and setting it up once more and try again.

Turns out, yesterday (March 26) when I turned on my TV it received a system update and so far I've been successfully been playing Spotify on my TV without it getting stuck at the end of each song, yay!

If you:

- Change the input to Smartcast

- Arrow over to Extras hit the play/pause button
- Arrow to About hit play/pause
- Arrow to Version numbers hit play/pause.

You will see "SmartCast TV Device Config Version" which ends with a number in parenthesis "(18.7)" but after the update, I see "(19.2)".

Here is my current system information when I hit the "Menu" button on my remote and then navigate to "System", "System Information":

Model Name: M50-E1

Version: 4.0.23.2

Cast Version: 1.27.96538 (used to be 1.22.78594)

I hope it's now working for you all as well!

Alex

Can confirm that the issue is resolved on my TV after updating to the same versions that Alex referenced. Thanks for your diligence Alex!

If you use airplay to connect your spotify to the TV instead of Google cast it will play through your playlist like normal not pausing after each track. Hope this helps.

It's now 2021. I had same problem till last week. Now it won't even load Spotify. And it's running version 48.2 of smart cast.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We just came across this thread.

Can you let us know if you tried any troubleshooting?

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Also, can you try from a different device to see if the issue persist?

Another useful step to try is to restart your router.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try with a different internet connection and let us know your OS + device you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts