Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Video STILL Unavailable on Fire TV for the Joe Rogan Experience

Video STILL Unavailable on Fire TV for the Joe Rogan Experience

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

FireTV

Operating System

Amazon Fire Stick

My Question or Issue

Is Spotify ever planning to make the JRE video feed available on the FireTV Spotify app (and ALL of the other smart TV platforms)??

Or was the plan always to force users to use the mobile app? (It seems like this is what y'all are actually doing, but don't want to say it...)

Alternatively, I've tried casting the video from my phone to my TV, and I've tried using the web browser on the Fire Stick to access Spotify - and go figure, those don't work either. 

How many users have to complain about this issue before y'all take it seriously, and FIX IT???

20201216_102149.jpg
13 Replies

How is the biggest podcast not available on the biggest corporations device? Not a smooth transition Joe.

It's always worked for me using fire tv stick and spotify app.  I just have to make sure I close the app and sign in again or I'll only get the audio from the podcast.  

Closing spotify and reopening got the video working for me as well.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

We’re happy to hear that closing and reopening the app solved the issue with displaying the video. Make sure you click Accept As Solution on the comment that helped you so that other users can also find it easier. 

If you have any questions we're always one post away. 

Еnjoy your music! 

This solution dosent work for me, any other suggestions? I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it still won't play video. 

I have uninstalled the app,  cycled power on the Firestick,  reinstalled the app,  signed in,and still no video. 

Spotify version is 2.120 

Firestick version is 5.2.7.7

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sending that info. 

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

Additionally, it looks like other people would like to have this option as well. It's well worth giving it a vote to show your support here.

If you have any questions, just let us know!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Closing and reopening the app DOES NOT fix the problem on the Fire Stick. 

I'm starting to think it's just never going to get fixed...I mean, if y'all didn't fix it for literally, THE BIGGEST PODCAST ON THE PLANET, why bother now, right??

20210201_104440.jpg

This solution DOES WORK for the FIRETV app. It is not supported for FIRESTICK. Spotify doesn’t support video on the Firestick yet, so closing it and reopening it won’t work. Hope that clears up the confusion.

It's still going to be confusing for people. I'm using the fire stick and it works.

What do you mean it works? The video obviously doesn’t work for you which is why you’re saying the solution isn’t working. It’s because you are using the fire stick, NOT FIRETV

Clear Cache in the app settings did the trick for me. Doesn't make any sense but it works!

Hey everyone,

We're happy to confirm that we've been working on improving FireTV support and this is now playable on all FireTV devices.

Please make sure to clear your device's cache and/or reinstall the native app, if your device has one, to freshen things up and you should be good to go.

We appreciate your comments. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out in the Help boards.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts