Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Video support for Apple TV

Video support for Apple TV

I subscribed to Spotify specifically for Joe Rogan’s podcast. I like to actually WATCH a lot of the episodes, and you don’t allow me to watch the videos on my Apple TV. I don’t want to be restricted to watching on my phone. If that’s going to be the case I’m going to cancel my subscription. If I can watch Spotify videos on my Apple TV I’ll keep my subscription. Isn’t this the whole purpose of Joe Rogan deleting videos from YouTube and uploading them to Spotify? Who wants to watch 3 a hour Podcast on their phone??

9 Replies

Hey @Jonvongeronimo, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm afraid this feature isn't possible at the moment, but I could see how this can be useful. You can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

For your reference, there is some more information on Videos here.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is a standard reply to get customers to shut up. Spotify needs to work on this because Rogan is losing his audience, and Spotify isn’t gaining new subscribers by signing him to deal this deal. All you’re doing is pissing off your customers. And that link that you gave me to make this suggestion (AGAIN) doesn’t work. It just takes me to a page with a list of common problems. 

Hey there @Jonvongeronimo,

We're sorry you feel that way. Rest assured, we're happy to help.

We understand how important this feature would be for you and we really appreciate your feedback. We recommend checking this idea about it and adding your +Vote and comments to show your support. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any new updates we share about it.

We've recently rolled out video playback for Chromecast and some Android TVs, and we're constantly releasing new features to improve the app and the overall experience, based on the users' feedback.

You can read more about how ideas work and reach Spotify here.

Once again, thanks for your feedback - we appreciate it.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

I fail to understand how you can pay 100 million dollar for Joe Rogan.
But you can not get video working on an appletv. 
Isn't a iphone basicly the same as a appletv?
You don't have the money to get devs?

I agree 100% it is absolutely ridiculous that they can't get support for one of the most popular and common platforms. Why is this so complicated? Why does anyone have to suggest it to you and and hope it gets your attention and you actually do something about it. It's really not a complicated problem and you've had plenty of time to figure this out. I also only subscribe for Joe Rogan and I pay the membership fee as well, I have no more reason to waste my money on this. At this point I would rather give apple my money for music and I will watch what I can on YouTube and bootlegs.

That's exactly what I've been saying this whole time.....I would understand it could take a couple of weeks to get it implemented but here we are in March.....almost a year after their deal was signed and no video support for a bunch of TV platforms. How complicated can it be if they have a bunch of devs and the apps are available already. Like, did you sign podcasts deals and didn't think about the video playback? You thought it was a good strategy to scoop top podcasts from Youtube but didn't think about this?? I once praised spotify's UX and UI, I used to think they had some of the best devs. I literally don't want to watch Rogan anymore because of the video playback and yes what a pain in the ass to hold your phone all the time or just have the audio. 

Also, on the TV apps, you can't scroll back or fwd using the bar, the only way is to hit the 15 Second button. This shouldn't be a special request you get people to vote on, these are basic features. Get it together Spotify.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

As @CarlosE mentioned - you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea for any updates.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Comment deleted

It all makes sense when you realize Spotify has a grudge against apple. They’re intentionally choosing not to maintain feature parity on the Apple TV vs the other television platforms. They’re just doing the bare minimum with ATV to allow music to play. 

I just noticed this week all the other platforms (Xbox, ps5, android tv, etc) have a new now playing interface and the Apple TV is still stuck in the past. Not to mention something as simple as the now playing controls fading away leaving just the artwork still doesn’t happen on Apple TV like it does on the other platforms. 

Suggested posts