Premium

Country

Cyprus

Device

Volvo XC90

Operating System

sensus

My Question or Issue

I used to have Spotify on my Volvo, the app requested for an update, after the update the app icon disappeared. I tried to download the app again but once the installation starts it gets interrupted and I receive a pop up that the error has been sent. On the new apps tab page of Sensus, by pressing the arrow below Spotify to show additional information the size of Spotify is shown as 0.0 MB. All the other apps depict a size on the same screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Several users have already mentioned that they were able to resolve this issue by reaching out to their respective car dealer. We suggest that any other users who are still experiencing this issue do the same if they haven't already.

If after that you're still having trouble, feel free to create a new thread in the relevant help board in the Community and we'll see what we can do on our end to help.

Thanks!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

120 Replies

danielkegel
Casual Listener

@Osprey2019 wrote:

Have those with the 'spinning disc', and accessing the internet via Bluetooth on their phone, tried logging in when you have the Spotify app on you phone active and playing a track? When working properly you should see Volvo as one of the 'Devices Available.

Maybe coincidence, but I had the spinning disc for a while until I did this.

I think when you do that the car isn't using the built-in app but just streaming the audio from your phone. When you activate the Spotify-app in the car you will see the track information but it won't be possible to access your library etc.

Osprey2019
Regular

Have those with the 'spinning disc', and accessing the internet via Bluetooth on their phone, tried logging in when you have the Spotify app on you phone active and playing a track? When working properly you should see Volvo as one of the 'Devices Available.

Maybe coincidence, but I had the spinning disc for a while until I did this.

rproeme
Regular

Strange ... Spotify app update loaded correctly on my XC90 (2017 modelyear, Netherlands) after the first report of a fix (see earlier in this forum) and continues to work properly. You’d assume that would be a global solution or at leadt fir all XC90 sensus. 

TomaszM
Regular

Its strange that they cannot upload the latest working version of the app and focus on testing the new one. It would be satisfying for everyone. 

XC90 / 2016

BlackJack27
Music Fan

I got a reply from Volvo Sweden again today after asking for an update.

Swedish: 

Hej igen Jack,

Det visade sig att hitta en lösning för Spotify var lättare sagt än gjort.

Störningen pågår dessvärre fortfarande och våra tekniker arbetar på att ta fram en lösning.

Dessvärre har jag inte fått någon information om när lösningen beräknar släppas.

English:
Hi again Jack,

It turned out that finding a solution for Spotify was easier said than done. Unfortunately, the disturbance is still ongoing and our technicians are working on developing a solution.

Unfortunately, I have not received any information about when the issue will be resolved.

TomaszM
Regular

Its very frustrating, since the app is gone for almost 3 weeks now and nor the Spotify, nor Volvo know what to do. 

armbrat
Casual Listener

2019 Volvo XC40 - My app is installed and I have logged in numerous times (both PIN based and username/password based).  It then gets stuck on the screen with the spinning load animation with all buttons on the left of the app being greyed out.  This is beyond frustrating.

Drakhorn
Regular
It has been working for me since someone first posted that the install was
working again.

jrrbeasley
Music Fan

Fair enough, I've emailed *snip* I will update this thread when I recieve a response which to be fair to them was quite speedy last time.

danielkegel
Casual Listener

In my experience local dealers know next to nothing about these kinds of problems. Brakes, tires etc. fine, but as soon as it gets technological, the customer usually knows more than the dealer. Since the app is distributed directly from Volvo to customers, I guess we'll have to wait until the technical guys at Volvo wake up...

jrrbeasley
Music Fan

I spoke to spotify yesterday and they escalated it to their executive team, this is the reposnse I've had;

Spotify Support here. We just wanted to quickly follow-up on our previous mail.

Actually, it looks like the correct version of the Spotify app is being pushed out as we speak. Please make sure to double-check in the next 24-48 hours and let us know how it goes 🙂

I've checked this morning and the app still isnt there to download but hopefully the solution is immenant. 

Drakhorn
Regular

It did the same to me dbambury when the bug first appeared. 

The download center would "install" that 0.0mb spotify and then not show it in new apps anymore.

Turning off the car, opening the door for 5-10 seconds and starting the engine again restarts the computer again and it appeared back to me.

Drakhorn
Regular

Sounds tricky.

I have noticed that the download center doesn't actually always refresh, especially immediately after starting the engine. 

I've had to spam the download center button in the app list to make it actually check for updates and sometimes forced it to recognise the need to refresh by cutting the internet connection from the car. 

I hope you get it fixed soon and please post how you did it when you get it.

Osprey2019
Regular

Drakhorn: not for me though. No sign of Spotify now, in either installed or available lists.

abosey1
Music Fan

After i uninstalled the spotify about 3 days a go, it still haven't popped up on the new apps. It's not installed and I can't find the app to download.. Why!!!???

rproeme
Regular

Thanks for all the evidence. Has anyone escalated this to Volvo locally? I will try to do so today (NL)

SUGGESTED POSTS