Premium

Country

Cyprus

Device

Volvo XC90

Operating System

sensus

My Question or Issue

I used to have Spotify on my Volvo, the app requested for an update, after the update the app icon disappeared. I tried to download the app again but once the installation starts it gets interrupted and I receive a pop up that the error has been sent. On the new apps tab page of Sensus, by pressing the arrow below Spotify to show additional information the size of Spotify is shown as 0.0 MB. All the other apps depict a size on the same screen. 

120 Replies

But the factory reset I did only removed my profiles and settings. It didn't remove everything from the apps.

I tried to remove all the apps and installed everything back. But the spotify still is not there. 

Is there a nother way to factory reset EVERYTHING?

Hi,
I had the same issue like you for weeks. I was able to fix it by login with a different account after I removed the app and installed it again. With the same Account it didnt work (XC40 2019)

Regards From Switzerland

Hi All,

I too was having problems with the Spotify app using the Sensus in my 2019 XC40 but have managed to resolve it.

As many of you have experienced, I too could download the app but after logging in I got the eternal spinning wheel.

This is how I resolved the issue:

1-Delete the Spotify app on the Sensus

2-On a laptop login to the Spotify website

3-Under your Profile select Account

4-On the left side select Apps (you might need to scroll down)

5-Remove access to the VolvoSpotifyApp

6-Logout

7-Go back to the Sensus

8-Download & Install the Spotify app

9-Login after step 8 and voila, if it all went well the App should work again showing you your library and such.

Good luck

Winston

I tried all steps above but without succes...

Still the endless spinning wheel...

IMG_20190803_230901.jpg

W dalszym ciągu nie ma Spotify w aktualizacji Sensus (xc60)

Still no Spotify to download. Is it that difficult that after a month developers cant prepare the app that was working before na update attempt? 

This is really crazy that after a month #Volvo and #Spotify don't bring us any solution.... On my XC90 in France it is the same problem... 

My Spotify profile started working again on my 2019 XC40 (USA). 

Over the past month I've tried everything including reinstalling and deregistering the device from my Spotify settings page.  I do not see any relationship between the steps I took and it working again.

Im contacting:

- Global Support

- Local support (dealer)

- Local support sales contact

So far: no reply... 

So UK support told me to take it to the dealer. I thought I was being
fobbed off and that they wouldn't be able to do anything but they have
fixed it. They didn't tell me how to fix it I'm afraid so I can roads that
on but my advice is please contact your local dealership. They sorted mine
for free

I fully support JRRBEASLY’s suggestion to always contact yr local dealer. They may not be able to fix right away but they have the escalation mechanisms to country and global Volvo tech support (in my case escalation took place same day as I brought in the car for the issue). All the same I’d wish there was an effective customer focused escalation & resolution forum moderated by Volvo global, for the IT/infotainment issues that current dealership is often struggling with. 

Hello,

Followed this thread for a month now, trying every suggested solution, I ended with contacting my local dealer. To be honest, I noticed them I have a problem with Spotify app during a "planned for another thing" intervention.

They spent a while on my car without success, Spotify app was still not showing in New Apps.

But (there is a but), to correct another problem I had, they updated software from March 2019 to July 2019. A few hours after leaving the garage... Spotify app was showing in Download Center.

I have no clue if things are related but now Spotify is working again.

Hope this helps.

Loïc

I'm still have no Spotify on the new apps tab.... 

Already tried all the suggestions here but still the same. 

Any new idea or update from Spotify or Volvo that should solve this problem?

Thanks gentleman's 

I took mine to the dealer and they fixed it for me no charge.. really sorry
that I can't help more than that

Ok I`ll try again my dealer!!!

Thanks a lot again!!

I have again issue. Now I am not able to connect. The application is there but I am not connected. 

Do you have similar problem ?

Thanks

Hmm, sounds similar, is your internet connection working with other Volvo
apps?

Yes the connection is fine....
Other applications are working.
Thanks

I have a Volvo and I just started having the same experience as you yesterday.  I can also confirm that other apps are working correctly.

I wish I could help further gents but my problems were fixed by the dealer
performing a software update, I could not find any options to do this
myself without taking it to Volvo

Suggested posts