Premium

Country

Cyprus

Device

Volvo XC90

Operating System

sensus

My Question or Issue

I used to have Spotify on my Volvo, the app requested for an update, after the update the app icon disappeared. I tried to download the app again but once the installation starts it gets interrupted and I receive a pop up that the error has been sent. On the new apps tab page of Sensus, by pressing the arrow below Spotify to show additional information the size of Spotify is shown as 0.0 MB. All the other apps depict a size on the same screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Several users have already mentioned that they were able to resolve this issue by reaching out to their respective car dealer. We suggest that any other users who are still experiencing this issue do the same if they haven't already.

If after that you're still having trouble, feel free to create a new thread in the relevant help board in the Community and we'll see what we can do on our end to help.

Thanks!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

120 Replies

abosey1
Music Fan

After I uninstalled it it won't come up for me to download!! 5 days now. When I start the car it says "there is an new update" but nothing to install..

rproeme
Regular

Abosey1: note that the car's announcement of "a new update" might not be for Spotify, actually it won't be, after you would have de-installed it. A new update often refers to map updates - you might want to check that out. In my case (Netherlands, XC90) Spotify duely showed up as a "new app" which I installed normally and works fine now.

abosey1
Music Fan

I understand, but it's not the map or something else. My spotify is gone from the installed app and in "new apps" spotify doesn't show up. So for 5 days the spotify app is gone and the car says there is an update.

How can I get it to show up in new apps? 

Osprey2019
Regular

I did not wait long enough I guess.

48 hours later, Spotify has reappeared in my list of Aps I can download. Which I did and installed ok.

There MAY be some conflict if you have a map update going on (not download, the tedious update process that goes on  in the background with low priority) which might prevent Spotify app from being seen.

Drakhorn
Regular
Same thing crossed my mind when it wouldn't let me install even the bugged
out version of spotify while it was installing new map version

BlackJack27
Music Fan

Mine is still not working. I have redownloaded the app twice but get the same problem. 

All I get after logging into Spotify is the loading spinning circle. Very annoying..

danielkegel
Casual Listener

Same here (2019 V60)

The update did install but then I only was able to play the current playlist; buttons on the left greyed out and an endless spinner.

Strangely the app did still work correctly on my wife's driver profile.

Deleted and reinstalled the Spotify-app, still the same problem. Deleted my driver profile, still the same. Seems genuinely broken by the last update.

BlackJack27
Music Fan

Intresting... I'll try my wifes profile at lunch. 

It's strange but I think the sound quality is so much better using the built in Spotify app than streming via Bluetooth.

EDIT: Wifes profile has the same problem still.

RWag
Regular

Spotify App still does not show up on "New Apps", XC60 T8, Germany

abosey1
Music Fan

Im getting mad! Still no sign of spotify in new apps! Almost a week now156266982748088852538874022438.jpg

1562669855420304842982752061575.jpg

BlackJack27
Music Fan

I've got it installed but stuck on the spinning circle...

20190709_165850.jpg

Osprey2019
Regular

For those with the spinning circle:you might want to try parking in a WiFi  hotspot and using that for internet connection, rather than via phone. 

Not saying it will work but something else to try at least...!

Drakhorn
Regular
You mean when you first log in after update? Happened to me as well,
backing out and relogging worked for me.

BlackJack27
Music Fan

How do you back out once your stuck in the spinning circle? I've tried changing to FM and then back to spotify but it seems like Im logged in but it just isnt loading in correctly.

Im using a SIM-card for my car but I could try and find a WIFI zone for the car and try that. Thanks for the tip.

danielkegel
Casual Listener

I tried connecting over WiFi, makes no difference.S

It seems to me the problem is that you can't log in to Spotify correctly. I reinstalled the app and tried the normal login instead of the pairing-option, and then you get the endless spinner on the login screen. I can check this later if I find the time to hook up my car to a Wifi-proxy and sniffing the network traffic.

This seems genuinely broken and a problem that originated more with Volvo than with Spotify.

RWag
Regular

I finished all pending map updates, needed or not, with an USB stick with the all the maps on. So no map update is required in the moment.

But still no Spotify App on "New Apps".

I deinstalled another app (Park and Pay), and this one showed up some minutes later in the "New Apps" on the Download Center.

But Spotify remains gone!

No other idea what to try next!

abosey1
Music Fan

Still no sign of spotify....

jrrbeasley
Music Fan

I've replied to their email as its been 48 hours and as you say there is still no sign. This is very frustrating!

BlackJack27
Music Fan

Still nothing. I've got the app installed but it doesnt load at all. 

Shouldn't spotify be pushing this more since it requires a paid premium subscribtion and it is damaging their customers too?

abosey1
Music Fan

A simple app that doesn't work makes me feel like burning up the car!

jrrbeasley
Music Fan

Hi Everyone, I've had another update from the Spotify support team;

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We've double-checked and it looks like this update is being pushed back by Volvo. We can't say for sure when you will be able to find the app, but we hope this will be fixed soon. 

You can also reach back to Volvo Support for further details and questions. 

We're here if you have any other questions, just let us know 🙂 

So it looks like Spotify are saying that this is a Volvo problem! I'm going to contact Volvo customer support today, I'd emplore everyone on this thread to do the same as the more collective pressure we put on Volvo and SPotify, the more likley they are to hurry up with a solution.

SUGGESTED POSTS