Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volvo Spotify App Downgraded

Volvo Spotify App Downgraded

Over the summer Volvo Sensus notified me in my 2018 Volvo XC60 that an upgrade was available for their native Spotify App. I did the upgrade only to find that some important functionality I had with the old app went away. While we were promised new functionality with the upgrade the fact is that the newer version is simply a downgrade.

Here in the Community there have been posts about who is responsible for addressing this (Volvo or Spotify--I'd say both should have an interest in getting it right) and whether a fix is available (if it is, I can't find it as the latest version available for download in my car doesn't address the problems).

I am extremely disappointed with this. I am reminded everytime I'm in my car that neither Volvo nor Spotify has fixed this problem. I have to believe both know about the problem; if they don't then that is a problem all by itself.

I wonder what it will take for Volvo or Spotify to step up and fix what one of them broke.

1 Reply

Volvo, on their website, says:

"The Spotify app offers a range of options and functions, such as:

• Free text search
  • Auto search
  • Play/Pause/Resume
  • Browse through albums, playlists, news, etc.
  • Add/remove music tracks from your library
  • Skip between music tracks
  • Spotify Connect"

This used to be true with the Volvo Spotify App before it was "upgraded". Now, however, you can't Add/Remove music tracks to your library or see album information as you used to be able to see.

Suggested posts