Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volvo which models support Spotify?

Volvo which models support Spotify?

Hi

I'm searching for a second hand Volvo (or a new one). I want to play Spotify in it. But it's very hard to find which models it supports or not. The Support page on Spotify only talks about "Sensus Connect". The Volvo pages tell me almost nothing. I read somewhere that "Spotify Connect Touch" is connected, but that seems like a old system from some years ago. I was looking for this car: http://selekt.volvocars.be/nl-be/voertuigen/volvo/xc60/luxury-ed-d3-aut-acc-ecc-navi-blis-voc-park-a...

It clearly has "Sensus Connect". But the car saler tels me it doesn't support Spotify and that only the models with a tablet in the middle support Spotify. What's the difference in naming between this model and the tablet in the middle?

When choosing options for a new Volvo I also only see options for "Sensus Connect". No versions whatsoever.

1 Reply

Hi @PixelTofu and welcome to the Community! 🙂

Spotify's support page for Volvo lists the models Volvo XC90, S90, and V90 as the only ones that support the direct integration. This is the same info I confirmed using a websearch as well.
Since the model you are considering is a XC60, it has a version of Sensus but not the same one as the sales person mentioned.
Similar to when you customize a new car, you can add-in extras for Navigation systems etc ... the console is there, but not all the function.
It looks like Sensus does support Bluetooth, so an option would be to use your phone with Spotify instead if you wanted to pursue the XC60 still. Otherwise, if you want that direct integration, your best bet would be to look for one of the 3 models that are definitely confirmed as supported.
Hope this helps and best of luck in your decision!

Suggested posts