Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WDTV Live Spotify Playlists are all empty

Solved!

WDTV Live Spotify Playlists are all empty

Since WDTV upgraded firmware All my spotify playlists appear to be empty. I tried a firmware downgrade but that didn't work. Has anyone else got this problem. I think its a spotify problem rather than a Western Digital one since changing the firmware made no difference.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify solved the problem for me within one working day. 

Perfect! Thank you Anika!
Tinka

Hello Tinka,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you didn't have access to your playlist via your WD-TV device.

I just had a look into your account and your playlist. I performed some maintenance on your playlists, which should have resolved the issue.

Please let me know, how you are getting on.
Alles Gute and Best wishes,

Anika

Spotify Customer Service
Cambridge

Original message
Topic: [Tech]
SubTopic: [TECH_Blockage_BUG]
[] [western_digital] [Spotify Premium]
Market:[at]
Since a few days all playlists are empty on my WD-TV Live. This seems not to be an issue with the WD device but with the way playlists are handled at the back-end. Did you change anything on the server side?

Please fix this in cooperation with Western digital because Spotify became useless on this device.

Thanks
Tinka

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks for the updates guys.  Just for official confirmation, our operations team was able to sort this out sometime yesterday.  Please let us know if you're still having playlist problems. 

View solution in original post

41 Replies

Ahh I noticed this too. I am desperate to get my playlists back...that has been my only source of music for the past few months and I am not able to remember ALL of the songs, or the various playlists that I have created!! Please assist?! Is there anyway to get them back?

Same problem here. All the playlists are empty.

Also tried to creat a new playlist on my computer with only one title. Doesn´t work, can only see the name of that playlist on WD and without any content

Not very amusable, even if you have a premium account and paying for that service.

Same problem here, tried downgrade and still the same. Search function will not work either. Need this sorted, I'm paying for sowmthing I'm not getting!

I don't think its anything to do with a WDTV firmware upgarde. It only started happening to me two nights ago. Seems more likely that Spotify changed something in the way playlists work?

I am also experiencing this problem. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this would be great! I use spotify a lot, and not having access to my playlists is a big issue...

Contacted Spotify directly about this issue and have yet to receive a satisfactory response. They are trying to blame it on WD. Will also be contacting WD about it when I get time! Will post when I have any new info.

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I've just upgraded to a premium account, because I was eagerly awaiting to use the WD-App on my home cinema system to enjoy the music. But with this bug, the premium account is rendered completely useless to me. "Luckily" this seems to be a general worldwide problem, so either WD or Spotify will have to deal with this very soon.

There's also lots of discussion going on in the WD forums (http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Firmware/Bug-in-spotify-on-latest-firmware-1-08-17/...), but it seems the bug is on Spotify's side...

Same problem here : Please can we have an update on this problem Spotify ... I can see a lot of people downgrading their accounts if this isnt resolved shortly

I also made the decission to take  a premium account because of my wdtvlive. I'll probably stop the spottify abbo because it has little or  no value now.

Marked as solution

Spotify solved the problem for me within one working day. 

Perfect! Thank you Anika!
Tinka

Hello Tinka,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you didn't have access to your playlist via your WD-TV device.

I just had a look into your account and your playlist. I performed some maintenance on your playlists, which should have resolved the issue.

Please let me know, how you are getting on.
Alles Gute and Best wishes,

Anika

Spotify Customer Service
Cambridge

Original message
Topic: [Tech]
SubTopic: [TECH_Blockage_BUG]
[] [western_digital] [Spotify Premium]
Market:[at]
Since a few days all playlists are empty on my WD-TV Live. This seems not to be an issue with the WD device but with the way playlists are handled at the back-end. Did you change anything on the server side?

Please fix this in cooperation with Western digital because Spotify became useless on this device.

Thanks
Tinka

Hello,

Some users over on the Western Digital community have stated that updating to the very latest firmware (if the very latest is "1.08.17", that is) seems to have remedied this for them.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I solved the problem by going to setup -> system -> device reset -> reset all online service accounts

Obviously, this means that all setting for other services were reset, but when I logged back into the spotify service, my playlists were back to normal.

Hope this helps a few folks. Could someone perhaps post this back on the WD board? I can't register there at the moment, as they are undergoing maintenance...

This has been going on all week, I thought there was a thread on here but it seems to have disappeared, although it appears many other people are experiencing the same issue.

Since the beginning of this week, my Spotify playlists on WD TV Live have been empty and thus unplayable. The search function does not work either. They are useable on other devices, so this is confined to the WD device.

This happened with the old firmware, and also with this week's firmware update.

WD don't seem to be very interested, and although I've contacted Spotify support, I have not yet had a reply, even though it's now been over 24 hours.

Since 90% of my Spotify use is on the WD device, I'm pretty annoyed at the moment at having to still pay for a service that I'm not getting.

Come on, Spotify, and WD, talk to each other and SORT THIS OUT!!!! (Plus I think a bit of free subscription would be a nice way of compensating us - I won't hold my breath)

Oh, the other thread has now reappeared. However, does anyone from Spotify ever read what we put on here, or are we addressing the proverbial brick wall?

I've managed to get a reply from spotify about this.

Here it is...

Kindly directed me to a thread I started. How thoughtful!

Hey Andrew,

Sorry to hear we haven't had any luck so far.

I've had a dig around and it appears this has been reported by other WDTV users as well. For instance please see this thread in their Community: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Spotify-Playlists-empty/idi-p/407404

Since the WDTV hardware is developed by Western Digital I'm afraid we're not able to provide any technical support. I hope this doesn't seem like we're trying to pass on the blame here, but they really are in a better position to help you with this issue.

They'll let us know if anything needs sorting on our end. And hopefully they'll be able to directly resolve the issue for you.

Apologies that I can't be more helpful at this time. I hope WD are able to provide a fix for you.
Kind regards, 

Richard 
Not holding my breath for this getting fixed. Might be returning my device!

I would expect rthat since WD TV live is a partner device Spotify would report these issues to Western Digital (I assume there is some kind of an agreement in place for this, why doesn't this seem to include support for shared customers?)

same problem here but i have stared all my music so i can play it through wdtv, but still a pain not to have playlists.

Hmm so if I understand correctly spotify is pointing at WD and vice versa. Well there is one way to break this circle. I'll stop my spotify account until they manage to fix this. 

Suggested posts