Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

WDTV Live Spotify Playlists are all empty

Solved!

WDTV Live Spotify Playlists are all empty

lambrini-kid
Casual Listener

Since WDTV upgraded firmware All my spotify playlists appear to be empty. I tried a firmware downgrade but that didn't work. Has anyone else got this problem. I think its a spotify problem rather than a Western Digital one since changing the firmware made no difference.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: WDTV Live Spotify Playlists are all empty

TinkaHof
Casual Listener

Spotify solved the problem for me within one working day. 

Perfect! Thank you Anika!
Tinka

Hello Tinka,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you didn't have access to your playlist via your WD-TV device.

I just had a look into your account and your playlist. I performed some maintenance on your playlists, which should have resolved the issue.

Please let me know, how you are getting on.
Alles Gute and Best wishes,

Anika

Spotify Customer Service
Cambridge

Original message
Topic: [Tech]
SubTopic: [TECH_Blockage_BUG]
[] [western_digital] [Spotify Premium]
Market:[at]
Since a few days all playlists are empty on my WD-TV Live. This seems not to be an issue with the WD device but with the way playlists are handled at the back-end. Did you change anything on the server side?

Please fix this in cooperation with Western digital because Spotify became useless on this device.

Thanks
Tinka

Solution!

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Thanks for the updates guys.  Just for official confirmation, our operations team was able to sort this out sometime yesterday.  Please let us know if you're still having playlist problems. 

41 Replies

rubuntu

Ahh I noticed this too. I am desperate to get my playlists back...that has been my only source of music for the past few months and I am not able to remember ALL of the songs, or the various playlists that I have created!! Please assist?! Is there anyway to get them back?

mvromagno
Casual Listener

Same problem here. All the playlists are empty.

mvromagno
Casual Listener

Also tried to creat a new playlist on my computer with only one title. Doesn´t work, can only see the name of that playlist on WD and without any content

Not very amusable, even if you have a premium account and paying for that service.

nicktee
Casual Listener
Same problem here, tried downgrade and still the same. Search function will not work either. Need this sorted, I'm paying for sowmthing I'm not getting!

prisonerzero
Casual Listener

I don't think its anything to do with a WDTV firmware upgarde. It only started happening to me two nights ago. Seems more likely that Spotify changed something in the way playlists work?

new_bloke
Casual Listener

I am also experiencing this problem. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this would be great! I use spotify a lot, and not having access to my playlists is a big issue...

lambrini-kid
Casual Listener

Contacted Spotify directly about this issue and have yet to receive a satisfactory response. They are trying to blame it on WD. Will also be contacting WD about it when I get time! Will post when I have any new info.

Netzmeister

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I've just upgraded to a premium account, because I was eagerly awaiting to use the WD-App on my home cinema system to enjoy the music. But with this bug, the premium account is rendered completely useless to me. "Luckily" this seems to be a general worldwide problem, so either WD or Spotify will have to deal with this very soon.

There's also lots of discussion going on in the WD forums (http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Firmware/Bug-in-spotify-on-latest-firmware-1-08-17/...), but it seems the bug is on Spotify's side...

frank67uk
Casual Listener

Same problem here : Please can we have an update on this problem Spotify ... I can see a lot of people downgrading their accounts if this isnt resolved shortly

SUGGESTED POSTS