Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] Nokia Lumia 800 (WP7.5) nothing will load

[WP 7.5] Nokia Lumia 800 (WP7.5) nothing will load

What's going on? I'm reading about a lot of bugs on this app, but noone seems to be having it this bad. If I try to play a song or a playlist, everything just fades out slightly and I get the loading dots run across the top of the screen and no matter how long I wait the songs will not load.

I was looking forward to being a spotify subscriber, but I can no longer justify spending the money without Spotify mobile when there are other alternatives.

8 Replies

Wow a whole 24 hours and no reply. That is fairly shocking.

Nothing new. No Support from Spotify to Windows Phone Spotify, believe or not. They just does not know how to help, because only one help here: update to app. And this... You can wait it long time.

See more here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Windows-Phones-Blackberry/All-Windows-Phone-bugs-in-one-threa...

RTerry -

You might want to try a clean installation on you device first of all. It sounds like there might be a connection issue, and this might resolve it. I've included some instructions below.

1. On Start, flick left to the App list.
2. Tap and hold the Spotify App, select Uninstall.
3. When asked for confirmation, tap Yes
4. On Start, tap Marketplace
5. Search for Spotify and tap Install
Airhorn Enthusiast

Yes, I tried those clean reinstallations every day when I used this Lumia 800 and Spotify. But sadly no help to 99% of problems. The main problem is unupdated beta Spotify app for WP. Yes, this is like joke, but just try out this app... Clean re-install is a thing Windows Phone Spotify users do everyday forever and ever nonstop. 😞

So I think personally suggesting clean reinstall for Spotify in Windows Phone is bull**bleep**. Because as user, clean reinstall in this WP app is WASTE OF TIME.

Just update app. I'm happy Android app user these days.

So there is no solution until you change OS for example to Android.

@hpguru after reading through some of your posts I understand your frustrations but I would rather go without music than buy a whole new phone just to get Spotify (not to mention there are other services available).

@David unfortunately, that did not work, however I thought rather than chance it with the forums I would see how much Spotify actually cared and followed the link to the twitter account in your signature, it turned out Spotify cares a lot, after a plethora of tweets and direct messages we finally came up with the solution, I had been logging in with my Facebook credentials instead of my original Spotify credentials, somewhere along the line a dual account had been created by mistake which meant my Facebook login would not work. The solution is simple - I log in using my original Spotify account, didn't think to do that before. Everything is working fine now, both streaming and offline mode! 

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm SO **bleep**IGN PISSSED THAT I SUBSCRIBET THAT **bleep** THEY SAY ON MARKET PLACE that it is VERSIOn 1.0 but when you look @ it it is BETA !! CHEATERS -______-

RTerry wrote:

@David unfortunately, that did not work, however I thought rather than chance it with the forums I would see how much Spotify actually cared and followed the link to the twitter account in your signature, it turned out Spotify cares a lot, after a plethora of tweets and direct messages we finally came up with the solution, I had been logging in with my Facebook credentials instead of my original Spotify credentials, somewhere along the line a dual account had been created by mistake which meant my Facebook login would not work. The solution is simple - I log in using my original Spotify account, didn't think to do that before. Everything is working fine now, both streaming and offline mode! 

Thanks for the replies guys.

Glad to hear our twitter guys got it up and running. I'll run across the office and give them your thanks! 

Airhorn Enthusiast

HI cannot login in my spotify using lumia 800 it says need premium account (409) and i bought the phone in finland and im from philippines, does the region must be changed?

Suggested posts