Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] WP 7.5.. bluetooth.. crash.. hangs.. no sound

[WP 7.5] WP 7.5.. bluetooth.. crash.. hangs.. no sound

After reading several posts here on the forum i dont know if i should cry or laught.

Just to sign up on the user-bug-irritatedcustomer-list, here is what i´m struggling with:

Btw: Premium user... Nokia Lumia 800

• It takes long time to start the app

• When i am on 3G and streaming, it often goes ofline by itself and takes forever to log on again. It is faster to reboot the phone.

• 6 of 10 times it just wont play anything, if i click on a song in my playlist, the rest of the songs gets "grayed" and the dots are loading at the top of the app, but NOTHING happens. Wifi or 3G, same result. Again -REBOOT phone and it works a couple of times again.

• The app wont turn off??? It lays in the background and drains the battery. There is no way to stop music (only pause) and when you hit the "back button" to homescreen, spoti is still "on". You can see this when you go to lockscreen, -the song shows up in the upper corner as paused. And the batterydrainage shown in diagnostics shows a higher discharge several hours after you have "closed" spotify compared to when you havnt started spotify at all.

• HORRIBLE BLUETOOTH function. Not able to switch song on headset or carstereo, In case of incoming calls, the spotiapp hangs and wont play again. If car is switched off -> on the spotiapp wont play. NO METADATA TO CAR-DISPLAY. (AVRCP) Newer Iphone, Android, Symbian, Blackberry supports it, But nooot a new WP with spotify 2012...??? 😞

• No function to FF/FW. (heeellooo.. is this a music app??)

• No function to download offline playlist (it does not work)

• It often hangs and crashes, i get thrown out to homescreen.

• Often wont switch song when i click "next" on lockscreen OR in the "now plaing" section, the sound disapears and the app "hangs" for a couple of minutes.

I work with customercare in an other business and i get so angry and frustaded when there is no response what-so-ever from a big company like spotify.. YOU (like me) LIVE ON PAYING CUSTOMERS! Wake up and give some input on all of these bugs and problems with your product! Is there anything going on?

26 Replies

Can't agree more.

I have all the same issues you described. I didn't think it was possible to release an app with this poor quality.....

I have mailed them.. got casenumber 348094. I hope for their sake that they reply me.. 

I've just cancelled my Premium subscription. Just to many bugs with wp7 version. Bluetooth not working properly, downloaded tracks suddenly gets deleted, no connection with 3g, only wifi.. 

Exactly the same issues... Especially the 3rd one you mentioned gets me really frustrated! Really close to cancelling my premium account... (Yet, the bluetooth issue is - I think - WP7 based since it doesn't work with other external music app's either)

Same issues with Spotify on Lumia 800. Is Spotify planning on fixing these issues ? I'm actually considering closing my premium subscription and buy music off Nokia Ov or move to Wimp. The built in Nokia music player is so much more stable, although bluetooth doesn't work on it either.

Very very bad spotify! THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US PAYING WP USERS!! No response yet from my e-mail case.. its been 6 days.. I´ve got an automatic replay 6 days ago:

"

Hi there, thanks for your feedback.

We're always trying to make Spotify even better so listening to user comments is really important to us.

We recommend that you check out our community forum, where you can discuss your ideas with others, and vote on those you like the look of. We've already introduced some great new features such as Gapless Playback based on suggestions from our users.

Click here to visit the Spotify Community.

If your query is about something specific that you need our help with just submit another message through the contact form. There should be an option that matches the description of whatever issue you're having.

Click here to visit the Spotify Contact Form.

Kind Regards,

Spotify Customer Service Team"

I have now opend a WIMP account for testing. I can really recomend that!

I have all the same issues.  I have been a Premium customer since day 1 in the US.  I have paid $90 over the last 9 months.  I am so frustrated over this app.  If there's not a response and an update soon I'm cancelling my account and I'll sign up for a Zune pass.

I have a Ford with SYNC so even when I can get the app to work it won't work with my radio controls, as any other music app will.

WAKE UP SPOTIFY!  

Same here...the Windows Phone app could really, really, REALLY use an update!  

Not only regarding all the trouble with bluetooth, but also to remedy the infamous offline problem...

Spotify, you listening? 

same here!!

and here...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Windows-Phones-Blackberry/Windows-Phone-spotify-problems/td-p...

and here...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Windows-Phones-Blackberry/Windows-Phone-7-Offline-Issues/td-p...

Conclusion : They don't give a fu*k. In a few days my trial will end. One Month, nothing is happen -.-"

Yeah - I will cancel my subscription - Spotify on Windows 7.5 is more pain that its worth.  You would think that they would have top tech folks at Spotify.... apparently not.  For such a great service, they really have ignored the mobile community issues.

I also opened a support/bug case with the following info:

Hi.

I have replaced my iPhone with Windows Phone & Nokia Lumia 800 and I have major issues with bluetooth/offline mode/meta info as described in this article.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Windows-Phones-Blackberry/WP-7-5-bluetooth-crash-hangs-no-sou...

Seems like no-one is replying to the community, so I will try to ask for a reply here before I cancel my subscribtion:

Is there any updates scheduled for immediate release or should all Windows Phone users cancel Spotify ?

Because it is really not acceptable quality on the Windows Phone App.

It all worked perfectly on iPhone (bluetooth/offline mode/meta info). The integrated Zune player works perfectly (bluetooth/offline mode/meta info). But the Spotify app on Windows Phone is useless in my car. It can actually create dangerous situations since I constantly need to restart the phone, then start spotify and then MAYBE if I am lucky it will start to play songs. Then it will work until someone tries to call me and I need to start over again.

I am really unhappy with the product I am paying to use.

Frustrating regards

TK

Good there! I hope that you get some answers! Please report back here when you doSmiley Tongue

I've been using Spotify since the time it was in Beta and only by Invitation. I've been very happy with it until now. It seems that Spotify Support/Devs don't bother about support for Windows Phone 7. I've downgraded my subscription from Premium to Unlimited and plan to close my account completely as soon as I find an alternative which works on Windows Phone 7. Nokia's music player and Zune are really good on my Lumia. However, they don't offer unlimited streaming & offline for a fixed fee in Sweden. I would like to try other alternatives. One of the alternatives is Wimp, which seems to be good. I would like to try more alternatives as well. Are there any other Windows Phone music apps which you guys are trying out ?

Cheers

/D

I am changing to Deezer. Works good.

Thanks, Will try it out !

/D

Also in Deezer you can listen for Free and without time limitations all Deezer's radio stations or you can create own by artist. Others features in paid. You can use Deezer Free Radio on Mobile or PC. And Deezer works in PC in internet browser Delete Spotify, no need to other application for music. Just open your Firefox etc.

But only thing is Facebook. But you can create fake account for this. The service is good. And total Free if you like to listen radio stations.

I don't have or want to have a Facebook account. I don't mind paying Deezer as long as they give me good service and don't force me to open a Facebook account !

/D

You do not need to Open account wit real information.

My brother use Deezer this way, created face account called Motor Saw. And account is private in Facebook, without any information. Works like a charm. If you do not want to create any type account to Facebook, there is no much to choose from, at least in Finland.

Suggested posts