[WP 7.5] Windows Phone 7 Offline Issues

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone 7 Offline Issues

errkal
Music Fan

So for the last few weeks I have been using this but its so unreliable !

it downloads everything works fine going where ever I am going then randomly when I try to play it again on the way home something like that nothing will play it says nothing is available offline, but as soon as I connect to a Wifi network open the app disconnect from the network re-open the app everything is available again.

Any ideas why the playlist stops working and then suddenly is fine again ?? Its basically a game killer for me as without this being reliable I can use it to have offline music on my phone

66 Replies

mitchman
Music Fan
> That life sign is not good. They only told him that they don't work on it. Also > they told him that fixing the bugs is not planned. Its a nice form of "We don't > care!

No, they didn't say any of that, they just don't promised a date for a fix. The fix could be out tomorrow or in a month for all we know, no need to read more into it that what is stated. Not promising something is not uncommon with software, dates tend to slip.

errkal
Music Fan

>> That life sign is not good. They only told him that they don't work on it. Also > they told him that fixing the bugs is not planned. Its a nice form of "We don't > care!

>No, they didn't say any of that, they just don't promised a date for a fix. The fix could be out tomorrow or in a month for all we know, no need to read more into it that what is stated. Not promising something is not uncommon with software, dates tend to slip.

The dont say that either.

They didn't say they cant say when it will come out. They said they can't say If or When an update will come out. So in reality it could be tomorrow, it could be a month, it could also be never.

I agree its not uncommon for companies to be vague about release dates, but most will have bug trackers and road maps which support can access and can usually give an indication if certain bugs are a priority and if a fix is being worked on.

chilango
Casual Listener

I've also contacted Spotify for the issues mentioned before (offline mode, lack of stability on the app) plus some others (if answering a call while playing music, music does not resume playing; you would need to open the app again and it will start from fresh, not from where you left; launch time takes a long time some times, to the point that I have to close the app and try again; I also feel the app keeps running on the background even when you exit, depleating the battery much faster; local files on the computer are not available on the phone).

Response was the same (we know about it, we can't comment on when it will be fixed). So, I ended up cancelling my subscription. Sad, as I was on Spotify since the beginning. I'm going to give Rdio a try now, as they have roughly the same amount of songs, same labels, and app for WP. The only switching cost is to re-create the playlists, but if that allows me to play my music on the go, why not?

ImgoNapuke

Also cancelled Premium due to WP7 problems. Sad to see me go also, to quote Spotify, but if it doesn't work, it just doesn't work.

Also, replacing my local files on offline mode with the "right" versions found on the music library is unforgivable. Even it sounds really twisted, i really do want to listen to my own crappy-chipmunks-karaoke-over-skype versions of certain songs. That's why they are on my local files the start with, duh!

I will be the first to re-subscribe if these issues are fixed!

br,

Imgo

kvarnbakken
Roadie

Yeah.. Yr probably right.. A was just a little exited that there was a reply from spotify.

guadalajara
Casual Listener

My spotify app works fine on my HTC Trophy when it comes to streaming over 3G. However, I likely have the same issue. I made the playlist available offline through the Spotify client on my desktop. Through my phone and in the playlist I want available offline, I ticked the "Download:" tab so that it shows "Download: Yes." I am not in offline mode yet nothing is happening and I can't play these tracks when I force offline mode. Robot Frustrated

thisismycomment
I have the same problem. My Windows 7 Nokia won't play anything in offline mode, and once in offline, I can't get out of it even after I go into Settings and deselect Offline Mode. Re-logging in doesn't help either. Hate this.

guadalajara
Casual Listener

@guadalajara wrote:

My spotify app works fine on my HTC Trophy when it comes to streaming over 3G. However, I likely have the same issue. I made the playlist available offline through the Spotify client on my desktop. Through my phone and in the playlist I want available offline, I ticked the "Download:" tab so that it shows "Download: Yes." I am not in offline mode yet nothing is happening and I can't play these tracks when I force offline mode. Robot Frustrated

Okay. This is what worked for me. I restarted my phone. Don't know why that helped but it did. After that, streaming over 3G was fine.

To fix the offline mode playlist availability, I needed to tick the "Download:" tab when I had WiFi access. It would not download over 3G. Once it downloaded, I was able to listen offline.

Not ideal, it'd be nice to download for offline availability over 3G. But yeah, that's my fix.

HubristicJ
Regular

I emailed Spotify regarding this issue shortly after encountering the problem, and it took a while but one of their suggested solutions appears to have fixed it.

When you're on WiFi or 3G/4G, open the app, go to Settings, and tick "Offline mode" to on.

Next time you open Spotify, if the area you are in has no WiFi, 3G or 4G signal, your offline playlists should still work.

I realise this is nothing more than a sticking plaster but at least now I've been able to listen to my offline playlists on the underground for the best part of 2 months without hiccups!

Also back before I discovered this fix, the only way to get Spotify to play my offline playlists was to reboot my phone, which seemed to eat up the battery life :S

errkal
Music Fan

I found this but it is by no means reliable, it made mine work a little more but its still far too flakey for me to use Spotify as my music solution.....

shame really, once this is properly fixed I will be very happy as Zune is just no where near as good on multiple devices and for selection.

Fiction
Casual Listener

Bought lumia 800 and spotify premium, doesn't work at all... Won't download playlists and neither will play any lists over 3G or Wifi...

Timzor
Casual Listener

Same problems here... Considering cancelling my subscription now.

jhww81
Casual Listener

Got my Lumia 800 a couple of weeks ago and was so looking forward to listening to spotify on it with my new BH-111 Bluetooth Headset...

But everything works like ****. Let put it this way, nothing really works. It's so annoying when you think you can trust it to work but it doesn't...

I just renewed my monthly premium subscription to Spotify but I will cancel it if there isn't a new update for the WP- app very soon. I see no pint in using Spotify if I can't listen to it on my phone...

SiMONDRENGEN
Regular
They don't give a rat's @ss. Many has complaint about all this, including me, but you will never get a respond. As long you pay, they don't see the problem.

The windows phone app IS useless! Not worth 9.99 bucks...

Dragongard
Music Fan

thank you for the info. I will not extend my trial if they don't fix it in that time.

Dragongard
Music Fan

I opened a support ticket and wrote it as the reason for cancelling the account. Hope it help 😞

I will post the answer here.

Dragongard
Music Fan

It seems the support ignores this problem or//and me. No answer.

It seems i will not extend my account after the trial.

fredpet
Regular

Unbelievable...

I would do the same, but the really sad part is that the only other option that is available to me (Deezer) is even worse than Spotify...their Windows Phone app is just laughably bad...

Dragongard
Music Fan

Same here 😞

But i do not support this behavior. I will buy my music on zune

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey, add your kudos to this All Windows Phone bugs in one thread thread, if you want that Spotify fix those problems.

Let's hope that my thread will sit at home page on the community forever. Maybe then Spotify notice those problems.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey,

The Spotify for Windows Phone is still without update. But Sotify know all those bugs and want to fix them at some point.

It's about time when we get a fix and new features for Windows Phone Spotify.

As customer, this is very annoying thing, but we all should live in hope.

Many thanks for understanding.

SUGGESTED POSTS