Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone 7 Offline Issues

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone 7 Offline Issues

So for the last few weeks I have been using this but its so unreliable !

it downloads everything works fine going where ever I am going then randomly when I try to play it again on the way home something like that nothing will play it says nothing is available offline, but as soon as I connect to a Wifi network open the app disconnect from the network re-open the app everything is available again.

Any ideas why the playlist stops working and then suddenly is fine again ?? Its basically a game killer for me as without this being reliable I can use it to have offline music on my phone

66 Replies

I can listen to tracks in offline mode. The difficult part is getting it to sync.

Selecting a playlist for offline mode listening will not download the tracks automatically. Only by playing each track, is it cache'd for offline play!

No difference over wifi, 3g, whilst connected to the pc, low quality playback etc.

Very frustrating!

I'm tired to Offline mode! It's really good, but in Windows Phone Spotify it is buggy. Sometimes this is not downloading anything. And sometimes Spotify close itself, even when I download songs to Offline with my slow Unlimited 3G connection (0.5M 4,90 € per month). So downloading tracks to Offline mode will take years... I'm not so happy with Offline mode in WP. And sometimes Spotify says my playlist is not in Offline mode, so I need to click Offline button again. Luckily this does not lose the contents. Otherwise I would have to download Offline songs up to year 2060.

Seriously... Spotify... If I do not listen music on Mobile, Spotify closes itself even if I download a tracks to Offline. So syncing really takes years... Still downloading...

It's not funny! I'm really thinking of leaving the Spotify because of lack in this simple thing...

Please update client... I know I have a slow 3G connection 0.5M Unlimited (never needed a faster for my use in Mobile) but in Android I was able to download all tracks much faster with my awesome 0.5M connection. Better client?

Why you not update the WP client? It's really one thing that makes me tired to Spotify itself...

Spotify, please...Do not make me think about leaving Spotify.

I used Zune for years and was excited when the Spotify app went to Windows Phone 7.  After a few months of using it, it's just soooo bad I can't pay for it anymore.  More than half the time, I can't listen to my music on my phone.  Why even release such a buggy app when all you're going to do is lose future customers forever?  I moved back to Zune.

Having the exact same issue! Spotify app forgets the offline playlists and it's impossible to get them back at the moment. So friggin annoying!

How about a fix for this issue?

I said I would share when I got a response from them:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to hear your having problems with spotify, and we take all issues/problems seriously.

Our windows phone 7 app like all our mobile apps are very important to us.

Unfortunately i'm unable to comment on a timeframes or if or when there will be an update/release.

But we list all our news and updates first on our blog.

www.spotify.com/blog/

Please check here for any future news and updates. Best Wishes,

Adam

Spotify Customer Service

looks like we may be waiting a while...

Holy Mary of christ! The first sign of life from great supportteam of spotify!

Sweet Jesus, i hope there is more to come!

That life sign is not good. They only told him that they don't work on it. Also they told him that fixing the bugs is not planned. Its a nice form of "We don't care!"

Yeah.. Yr probably right.. A was just a little exited that there was a reply from spotify.

> That life sign is not good. They only told him that they don't work on it. Also > they told him that fixing the bugs is not planned. Its a nice form of "We don't > care!

No, they didn't say any of that, they just don't promised a date for a fix. The fix could be out tomorrow or in a month for all we know, no need to read more into it that what is stated. Not promising something is not uncommon with software, dates tend to slip.

>> That life sign is not good. They only told him that they don't work on it. Also > they told him that fixing the bugs is not planned. Its a nice form of "We don't > care!

>No, they didn't say any of that, they just don't promised a date for a fix. The fix could be out tomorrow or in a month for all we know, no need to read more into it that what is stated. Not promising something is not uncommon with software, dates tend to slip.

The dont say that either.

They didn't say they cant say when it will come out. They said they can't say If or When an update will come out. So in reality it could be tomorrow, it could be a month, it could also be never.

I agree its not uncommon for companies to be vague about release dates, but most will have bug trackers and road maps which support can access and can usually give an indication if certain bugs are a priority and if a fix is being worked on.

I've also contacted Spotify for the issues mentioned before (offline mode, lack of stability on the app) plus some others (if answering a call while playing music, music does not resume playing; you would need to open the app again and it will start from fresh, not from where you left; launch time takes a long time some times, to the point that I have to close the app and try again; I also feel the app keeps running on the background even when you exit, depleating the battery much faster; local files on the computer are not available on the phone).

Response was the same (we know about it, we can't comment on when it will be fixed). So, I ended up cancelling my subscription. Sad, as I was on Spotify since the beginning. I'm going to give Rdio a try now, as they have roughly the same amount of songs, same labels, and app for WP. The only switching cost is to re-create the playlists, but if that allows me to play my music on the go, why not?

Also cancelled Premium due to WP7 problems. Sad to see me go also, to quote Spotify, but if it doesn't work, it just doesn't work.

Also, replacing my local files on offline mode with the "right" versions found on the music library is unforgivable. Even it sounds really twisted, i really do want to listen to my own crappy-chipmunks-karaoke-over-skype versions of certain songs. That's why they are on my local files the start with, duh!

I will be the first to re-subscribe if these issues are fixed!

br,

Imgo

So I am experiencing the same issue in the forum.

I thought it might be an issue with the HD7s I had. I recently switched to a Focus and the same problem occurs. It is just a poorly written app. I just don't understand why you invest in an application and then do such a poor job building. I think instead of investing in apps, you should investing in QA people to test your products before release.

You lost another customer Spotify. Again.

I'm Sorry, but I do not renew Spotify... 07.07.2012 Spotify Premium... but then I may use another program that works and with radio. Maybe Deezer or Nokia Music.

Thank you for the fish Spotify, I do not understand why you release this bugfull app, test before release. And this makes me tired that you can not update it when I pay for you...

Cheers... If you want see me using Spotify, update WP7 client until 07.07.2012, then I say bye bye...

My trials ends in two days. I will miss it because i have no alternative then buying my music but i will not supporting such a behavior.

I asked from Spotify, when this **bleep** app comes with update... Answer: we do not know...

Hello Spotify... this is your app and you do not know??? I'm not Stupid customer, I can not wait... Maybe this app gets update in 2012 December and maybe 2050 June... and maybe no updates at all.

We do not know... But do you at least know why people are canceling subscriptions?

If you do not have Windows Phone coders... get them... easy. But if you do not care at all, why I should...

I already canceled subscription month ago... and wait when my Premium dies.

Sad, very sad... I was Prmeium nonstop customer since December 2010.

I'm also unable to sync *my* mp3's or Spotify's onto my Lumia 900.  I just started a 14-day trial with Zune.  I have a good first impression: Johnny Adam's "Man of My Word" is available on Zune; not on Spotify.  Sounds great; it's fast so far.  I'm starting to create copies of my Spotify playlists on Zune.  We'll see which service is cancelled in 14 days at the end of the trial.  Spotify's silence on this matter is infuriating.  - Steve

Good to know about Zune. I tried the free trial with Rdio and, while the UI is not great, the sync'ng and availability (meaning, it worked) on my mobile were there.

Suggested posts