Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone 7 Offline Issues

[WP 7.5] Windows Phone 7 Offline Issues

So for the last few weeks I have been using this but its so unreliable !

it downloads everything works fine going where ever I am going then randomly when I try to play it again on the way home something like that nothing will play it says nothing is available offline, but as soon as I connect to a Wifi network open the app disconnect from the network re-open the app everything is available again.

Any ideas why the playlist stops working and then suddenly is fine again ?? Its basically a game killer for me as without this being reliable I can use it to have offline music on my phone

66 Replies

Is there still no news regarding the fix for the offline issues? That's basically the only thing keeping me from starting to use Lumia 800...

Only news is that they wont tell us when an update will come that will sort out the issues, or if they are even working on a fix, which really makes you feel wanted.

For now it seems in the UK any way the best alternative is to use Zune.

Ok, that's just disappointing...

I'll need to check if Zune is available in Finland

Zune is not available in Finland... I checked it months ago. 😞

Yesterday Nokia released Mix Radio in my country, too. YAY!

I hope i will realize if spotify update their app. I think i will not check anymore 😉

Good Bye Guys!

I've decided to leave the app installed on my phone, purely as it ,means I can see when there is an update, I do hope its soon zune is nice but I want spotify for multi platform support .

I've reported the offline issue a few times to Spotify, but there's been no information about an update to the current buggy app. You just have to look at the feedback on Marketplace to see how many people are having issues.

Anyway, I foolishly decided to sign up to premium again  a couple of weeks ago to see if anything had changed. It hadn't. I requested a refund and it was processed very quickly. I suggest anyone else with a Windows Phone does the same if they have paid for a service that isn't working.

Hey, I'm asked everywhere this, but no sheduled updates soon... I do not received any response, but this is all I think these days.

My subscription is gone 07/07/12 and I'm happy to watch something else. Maybe Nokia Music for Mobile and Unlimited Spotify for PC. Yes, quality in sound is 160 kbps, but I can live with it... Sounds like good radio in my sound system.

Today Wimp started in my country ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiMP

They have a wp7 app, too. I start my trial now. I hope there wp7 app is better

People, do not complain here about Windows Phone app. Spotify does not listen as long as we complain here in Spotify.com site. I just write about this software in very-well knowed Technology blog in Finland. 🙂

http://vempaimia.net/2012/05/06/kokeilussa-spotify-windows-phonelle/

TRANSLATED http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fi&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http...

Let's make update happen. Write, write, write...

I too have the sync problems. Before re-installing the app would work. Time equals money. I lost too much time trying to sync my tracks offline. I'm paying for a premium service to take advantage of a featured promised to be supported on my phone (lumia 800).

I use WiMP now. Great App, great sound quality and fast support. But for the most of you not an option i think (Only available in 4 countries)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WIMP_%28music_streaming_service%29

Agree with everything above. The app is appalling - it hangs and crashes more often than it works properly.

I came to the forums hoping it might just be me, after seeing a couple of threads like this with no response from Spotify I'm cancelling my account.

I've been a paid "Unlimited" user for over a year. I've been a "Premium" user for four days. From Spotify's perspective, they'd have been better off having no app at all than this mess - as it lost them another paying customer. But from the look of these threads, they're not actually that bothered. 

Hey, add your kudos to this All Windows Phone bugs in one thread thread, if you want that Spotify fix those problems.

Let's hope that my thread will sit at home page on the community forever. Maybe then Spotify notice those problems.

Switched from an iPhone to a Lumia 900.  Put the Spotify app on the phone and took the 30 day trial.  It works as it should on my desktop and my iPhone and the lumia when I am on a wifi connection.  As soon as I am on either 4G and/or offline I can not play a thing!  Lousy.  Plus nowhere to find support for the app.  I know Spotify would like to become a public company but if I can not get an answer on this I will dump it, use Zune and forget about it.  Good customer service is part of a good company!!!

I too am dumping Spotify in favour of Zune. I nearly smashed up my Lumia 800 several times through frustration at this bad app. I pay for thr premium service to get songs offline so i can play when driving or on the London underground. Its so bad as to be unusable..I can;t keep powering phone off on to get to play offline tracks. Even online its slow and plays intermittently. Bad move Spotify..another subscriber lost.

I agree with all the Win7 phone posters problems..This is **bleep**ed up. Fix this spotify or I will cancel my premium account and advertise on a global basis what **bleep**e this is....Everytime I try to play in offline mode I can't. Everytime I try to connect to bluetooth in my car I am luckiy if I get one or two successfull trys out of ten....

im prob going there aswell. after having the same issues on all platforms (iphone/android/wp7) i dont think i will use spotify anymore. it been a good 3 or 4 years, but i have moved on and you spotify havent changed, you dont even try to change. you just stay the same broken app.

Aw man, I googled my way here looking for solutions, but this doesn't look good.

I got a new phone partly because I wanted the ability to play Spotify on my phone. Next, I upgraded to Premium. I downloaded playlists and it all seemed to work fine, until I was travelling and wanted to make actual USE of the feature. Then I too got the "cannot access in offline mode."

I'm trying to download again (not giving up just yet!), and while some lists have a green "offline" icon, some have grey ones. What does that signify?

If, after a few more days of trying and swearing and pleading, it doesn't work, I'm definitely downgrading my Spotify membership again. Smiley Sad

Same problem here with my Omnia 7. Just bought Premium to use it on my phone and it doesn't work! 😞

Suggested posts