Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 8.1] Local Files will not Sync or even show up

Solved!

[WP 8.1] Local Files will not Sync or even show up

I spent a good hour trying to do research here on my specific issue, however it seems everything is focused on Ios/Android or WP 7 issues. So forgive me if my digging wasn't through enough to find some one with this same issue.

WP 8.1 Nokia 635 (This was also an issue with my Huwei W1 but this is my current phone now.)

When I sync my tracks with spotify on my WP, my local files will not even show up in the playlist. The offline playlist status is always on 100% downloading (I never get the green bar saying that the sync is done.) I have tried Spotify on admin, disabling firewalls, turning off Anti Virus, checking Upnp settings,  reinstalling, cache clearing, under the 3,333 local file limit and every trick I know or read about on other phones.

It just will not show up at all period on my playlist. I know WP 7 didn't support local file transfers, and if that stigma is with WP 8.1 it will be a sad day when I cancel, since I was a premium member since day 1 of US release.

I would appreciate any support in solving this issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately Spotify doesn't support local files in the Windows Phone app.

Add your kudo to this idea to show support:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-quot-Local-Files-Syncing-quot-to-Windows-Phone-Ap...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Unfortunately Spotify doesn't support local files in the Windows Phone app.

Add your kudo to this idea to show support:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-quot-Local-Files-Syncing-quot-to-Windows-Phone-Ap...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The spotify devs have been screwing Windows Phone users from the start mate. After many years we now have a spotify app that is somewhat filled with features, but still lacks one of the most important features: Local File Syncing. Maybe they will add it one day, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon

This is unfortunate knowledge. I will be happy to throw my Kudos to show support of that functionality for WP.

I will keep an eye on Spotify's progress in this issue, but from the sidelines because I have to much music to lose for a monthly subscription.

Was fun Spotify, maybe in time losing your long term customers will adjust your current marketing scope.

Suggested posts