Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP 8] Deleting offline files

[WP 8] Deleting offline files

Hey folks, can you help me? Good.

Today I was clearing my phone and I decided to remove some playlists of my phone because I'm not listening to these musics. My phone was using 1.548,0MB with these playlists, but when I removed, the app still using 1.548,0MB for offline musics. I tried to remove other playlists and still the same.

Have someone had anything like this? There is a kind of fix?

6 Replies

I think the only way to reclaim the space immediately will be to reinstall spotify but that will wipe all your offline content I'm afraid.

I was thinking to do it, just because it seems to be the only option for people reclaim your storage space, but it will be the worst option. If I do it, I will delete 1,4GB of files and brazilian ISP's doesn't help us with internet speed. Oh, god.

Same here, just started with premium account on WP8.0, it started to download a whole playlist, now I can't get rid of the storage used.

*Need asap a button to select which offline songs I want to clear from storage.

*Need asap an option to store song on the SD Card.

Otherwise I'll be canceling the subscripton, cause those are very basic needs for the app.

Let's hope for the best. 

Try copying temporary stuff to your phone. When the storage gets close to zero, run Spotify. It should try to clean up all the old offline files to reclaim space. When you're done, delete the temporary stuff.

@bluesoverdrive wrote:

Same here, just started with premium account on WP8.0, it started to download a whole playlist, now I can't get rid of the storage used.

Hi folks! do we still have this stupid bug in the latest version?

Yes it appears so.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts