Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP7.5][WP8.0] You want to sell this Product or what?

Solved!

[WP7.5][WP8.0] You want to sell this Product or what?

An iPhone will eventually be a memory,  I am on Windows 7.5 and moving to W8 next month. I would buy an account with you, but you have no mobile app? Are you kidding? Useless, copanies like this can be seen as Cherry picking, only interested in making max profits from the lowest common denominator. Don't kid yourselves, you are not great providers of music, you are a marketing company catering to a mass captive market. Confirms why I refuse to have a Facebook account or an iPhone,  Sheeple devices.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Spotify for Windows Phone 8 will be available in Q1 @ 2013.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

There is currently an application for Windows Phone 7 devices, I am unaware of the current situation regarding Windows Phone 8. I hope there is an application on the way, but Spotify very rarely give out details on current developments and release dates. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

To correct hammeh's answer, there is currently no application available for either Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8 devices. As far as I can tell, Spotify has inexplicably removed their app from the Store. The app no longer appears in search results, and links on the Spotify.com to download the app are now broken. Very disappointing and strange.

Maybe the application on the store is being updated? It was there a few days ago because one of my friends downloaded it on their lumia 800 whilst at my house!
What country are you attempting to download the application in?

Peter

Peter

Update (because I can't edit on the mobile site!): Just asked my friend, they already had the Spotify client installed had just forgotten about it. Not sure what is going on here!
I will ask our resident Windows Phone guru tomorrow if he doesn't see this topic before I'm online again 😉

Peter

Peter

I cancelled my Spotify Premium account about 10 minutes ago because the Spotify Windows Phone 8 app does not exist. They need to hurry up and handle their business.

Marked as solution

Hey there!

Spotify for Windows Phone 8 will be available in Q1 @ 2013.

Just to say for those on Windows Phone 7 you *should* be able to get the Spotify app from:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/spotify/ca8d6603-a9ae-4a05-8643-baad091ecdd1

Hi,

Can you, hpguru, or someone else confirm that Q1 2013 is when the WP8 Spotify app will be released? If you want/can, please also add a more exact date, but I guess you won't;-).

Hey 🙂

Neither hpguru or I work for Spotify so we do not have access to that information anyway. To be honest, you will be amazingly lucky to get an exact release date or any more details from Spotify, as a general rule they don't give out release dates for products.

Peter

Peter

Thanks.
Yes, I have understood that it's hard (=impossible) to get a release date, but...
I saw that hpguru, that is a community founder, writes that it will be available Q1, so either that is a best guess, or it's accurate information???

As far as I am aware, it has been confirmed by Spotify that there will be a WP8 app released sometime in Q1 2013. There are also meant to be new mobile applications on other platforms coming soon!

Peter

Peter

@hpguru wrote:

Hey there!

@ Spotify for Windows Phone 8 will be available in Q1 @ 2013.

source?

Suggested posts