Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP7.5] What's the maximum of space used on mobiles ?

[WP7.5] What's the maximum of space used on mobiles ?

Hi.

I want to buy a nokia lumia 710 but they have only 8go of space disk.

What's the maximum of space used on mobiles when you synchonised to the limit ?

6 Replies

Hey 🙂 

I am not 100% sure however it is possible to calculate roughly. 

Assuming you are syncing at normal quality, which is 96kbps and each song is approx 4 minutes long: 

1 song = 96kbps * 240s / 8 = 2880KB = 2.8125MB

Therefore 3,333 songs = 3333 * 2.8125MB = 9374MB = 9.15GB.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for this quick answer !

Hmm as i thought 8go won't be enought and mainly because i'll have to use other app :s

Need to find a lumia with a better space disk and not too expensive x_x

If I'm being brutally honest, if you are looking for a phone to use mainly for spotify I would stay away from the lumias.

The spotify application for windows phone 7 is riddled with bugs, with no news of updates in over a year and there is currently no application for windows phone 8 on the new lumias.

You will probably be able to pick up a better phone for less and have a more functional spotify application on he android platform. Of course, if you have your heart set on a lumia, don't let me put you off! However I just feel obliged to let you know my opinion.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Oh, I didn't know that there's a lot of bugs on it. :s

Is there any chance to see a fix about this bugs on windows 7.5 ? (if i'm right lumia 800 is on windows 7.5 so it will works right?)

Too bad, I didn't know that. Now I really don't know what to do, it's been a year since I have no mp3 player, I'm going crazy !

I have Lumia 710 and I would be super surprised if an update came. The offline works fine but online the software is super buggy so if you don't want to use offline mode then I suggest not using Spotify with a WP7 phone. There is Rdio (the idea is practically identical with Spotify) for WP7 if you want that Lumia 710 which is a good phone considering the price tag imo.

Spotify for Android is best now. I used Lumia and WP, take a look at all those bugs here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Windows-Phones-Blackberry/WP-7-5-All-Windows-Phone-bugs-in-on...

Suggested posts