[WP7] Windows Phone 7 News

Solved!
Highlighted

[WP7] Windows Phone 7 News

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello community.

Here's some news for our Windows Phone 7 users.

Windows Phone 7 apps are not compatible with Microsoft’s latest mobile operating system, Windows Phone 8. As a result, we'll be focusing our efforts on bringing the best possible features to the most current platform. Our existing Windows Phone 7 app will continue to be available in the Marketplace but we'll no longer be issuing future updates for our Windows Phone 7 app.

- Edited tag in subject (hpguru) -

Community Ergo Sum
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Windows Phone 7 News

user-removed
Not applicable

Oh **bleep**.

Too bad, but what updates???

Since release date no updates. Spotify is completely ignoring us and I'm glad to hear I do not buy a Spotify Premium for Lumia 800 to my brother beause of this! There is no updates coming, app is buggy as hell... So use TuneIn radio in future, but Spotify will not update app for sure to WP7... To many folks new phone is very hard dream, as many folks don't have much money to spend to new phone just to be able to fix bugs in one app!!!

Thanks, but no thanks!

Bye.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

No big surprise there, although @hpguru won't be happy!

Does this mean more features and bug fixes are coming to WP8?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Community Legend

@Goodman wrote:

Hello community.

Here's some news for our Windows Phone 7 users.

Windows Phone 7 apps are not compatible with Microsoft’s latest mobile operating system, Windows Phone 8. As a result, we'll be focusing our efforts on bringing the best possible features to the most current platform. Our existing Windows Phone 7 app will continue to be available in the Marketplace but we'll no longer be issuing future updates for our Windows Phone 7 app.

You can deal with the angry mob 😉

(Should we lock this now, or later lol)

Highlighted
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

Oh **bleep**.

Too bad, but what updates???

Since release date no updates. Spotify is completely ignoring us and I'm glad to hear I do not buy a Spotify Premium for Lumia 800 to my brother beause of this! There is no updates coming, app is buggy as hell... So use TuneIn radio in future, but Spotify will not update app for sure to WP7... To many folks new phone is very hard dream, as many folks don't have much money to spend to new phone just to be able to fix bugs in one app!!!

Thanks, but no thanks!

Bye.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Regular

So please remove Spotify app from WP7-Store! Otherwise you only fool your customers!

Highlighted

Re: [WP7] Windows Phone 7 News

Casual Listener

Cutting support from old devices is always a good way to make money. Specially when considering that there are "just a few" people who bought these old crappy wp7 phones.

Way to go Spotibyhyhyy!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

How about providing your customer with services that they accually pay for.

That statement of you is so bad in so many ways. How can you even charge me for full payment when you obviously don't give me full service back?

I mean, how do you think when you come to the conclusion that ignoring old supporting customers is a good idea?

In what way are a WP7 customer worth less than a WP8. please explain that to me because I can not figure it out. Thought all customers should be treated the same.

Do WP8 customers pay more money, do the drive your kids to school or what is it that I'm missing here?

Cut the crap about: Naaah we are only looking forward and should really think about expanding.

If you can not even keep your current customers happy how do figure to manage new customers? Don't you think newer OS for different phones will emerge, and what will you do then, just quit caring again and leave the "retarded old-phone-users" behind again?

It's not like you don't have the resources to rebulid the WP7 app. No one buys that bulls**t.

I got my hands on a WP8 device the other day and guess what, your app works even worse on WP8 than WP7.

OK it's still a beta for WP8 but my friend who just signed up for a premium membership felt ripped of. He is not going to stay with you.

I don't always complain like this, but when I do... I must hold back not smash my keybord.

/Joel

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This is ridiculous.

I'm not even expecting any new features. I'm fine not being able to scrub tracks, reorder playlists, share tracks directly, scrobble to Last.fm... or, well, I'm not fine with it, but I've come to terms with not being able to do those things on mobile.

But the bugs. The crashes. It's like living with an abusive spouse. It's temperamental, it keeps hurting you, but you learn to live with it and you always come back because you have nowhere else to go.

I refuse to accept that there's nobody who'd be able to fix the bugs. For my 9,99 € a month I'd like to be able to turn the screen off on my phone without having the app crash. I'd like to be able to view an artist's other albums without having the app crash.

These are fixable in a weekend, and it's unacceptable that they haven't been fixed at any part of the full year that it has existed and Windows Phone 8 hasn't.

Not to mention of course that the WP8 app is a beta. You're dumping the development of one beta for the development of another beta. When WP9 comes out, can we expect more abandonware?

Fix it. I don't care about the features. Fix the bugs. Bugs that shouldn't have existed in the first place. That's it.

Highlighted

That's it - I'm gone from Spotify if that's the case.  I have a HTC Titan which never played Spotify reliably.  It also doesn't play reliably on my Lumia 920.  ...Cancelled my rebilling a few moments ago.

Admittedly, I have only been with Spotify for a few weeks and purchased two months of premium subscription because they had a Windows Phone 7 and recently a Windows Phone 8 app.  If they ain't gonna fix their **bleep**, I'll take my hard-earned elsewhere.

They should remove the app from the Marketplace as it's simply misleading potential customers into thinking they'll get a working app on Windows Phone 7, which of course, they won't.

Highlighted

I was just about to buy Spotify Premium and then I found this out. I'll be notifying everyone I know to use other services like Grooveshark and Zune Music Pass. 

SUGGESTED POSTS