Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8.1] App Won't Launch, Live Tile Is Blank

[WP8.1] App Won't Launch, Live Tile Is Blank

Hi all,

I've run in to this issue for the second time since getting a Windows phone a few weeks ago. The Live Tile for Spotify is completely blank, and when I try to start the app it says "Loading" indefinitely.

I can fix it (like I did last time) by uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but this is tiresome to do as I have about 8 GB of playlists to sync (and there's no option to select all my playlists and set them all to available offline, I have to individually go in to each one!).

Is there a log file on the phone I can get to help you diagnose this issue?

3 Replies

Strangely enough, by phone crashed in my pocket on the way home a couple of days ago and the problem resolved itself. Perhaps next time I should try removing the battery..

One thing I've noticed with a Windows Phone - at work, where i am usually on WiFi, if I am in the parking lot, on the way home, Spotify is flakey because it is trying to use the WiFi from outside the building which is VERY weak. I find I am better off turning off WiFi prior to leaving and then Spotify uses my cellular connection (AT&T in my case). Disappointed that feature-wise, Windows Phone is usually last to get any new features - guess that's due to its 2% market-share 🙂 

Same issue with Spotify v4.0.3.0 running on SD Card from Lumia 630. 

Would love to have a solution other than installing again and having to select offline playlists for sync.

Tried the following with no luck:

switching off and on

removing battery, SD Card and switching on

Moving back to phone memory is not an option (not enough memory)

Randomly reappears.

Use mostly in car over Bluetooth audio.

Suggested posts