Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

[WP8] App crashes: phone call, bluetooth, idle

Reply

[WP8] App crashes: phone call, bluetooth, idle

mazze_germany
Roadie

App crashes even when only taking a phone call. Please fix this and make it more stable!

 

14 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Spotify for Windows Phone 8 bugs go here

mazze_germany
Roadie

To sum it up: the app crashes when

 

- idle in the background

- connected to or disconnected from a Bluetooth device

- and on incoming phone calls (even when not answering them)

 

I'm aware that there are many other issues that need to be fixed (like fast forwarding, linking album and artist information to the song that's currently played, ordering songs in a playlist by date added etc...) but app stability should be the number one concern during beta testing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Re: Spotify for Windows Phone 8 bugs go here

PeterFnet
Music Fan

@mazze_germany wrote:

To sum it up: the app crashes when

 

- idle in the background

- connected to or disconnected from a Bluetooth device

- and on incoming phone calls (even when not answering them)

 

I'm aware that there are many other issues that need to be fixed (like fast forwarding, linking album and artist information to the song that's currently played, ordering songs in a playlist by date added etc...) but app stability should be the number one concern during beta testing. 


Thanks for posting this. I am unable to test this app since I used the trial and was a paying customer. Though I quit, I am unable to start another trial. This bluetooth problem was the sole reason why I canceled my premium membership. Every morning, I'd listen to music at home, then start driving to work. The app would take a dive and require it to be closed, or reboot phone completely in order to work again on bluetooth.

As soon as this bug is fixed, I'll be climbing onboard the premium train.

Re: Spotify for Windows Phone 8 bugs go here

awesomeplant
Casual Listener

In addition to what mazze_germany states, I also find that Spotify stops playing when in the background and interrupted by the sports tracking app, Endomondo, to announce new miles and lap times. This didn't occur with Xbox Music. When I tried to resume the music after that, the Spotify app would not open again (would either get stuck on the logo screen or on a black progress screen that said "Resuming").

1 person liked this

Re: [WP8] Spotify for Windows Phone 8 bugs go here

Erdalion
Newbie

- Your country: Sweden

- Your specific phone model: Nokia Lumia 920

- Your phone's Operating System and version: Windows 8, Nokia update versions 1.7.0.173

- Are you using 3G, WiFi? : Both.

 

Observation/Bug: Listen to music with a bluetooth headset. Take a phone call, pause the music for a while for some other reason. Go back to start playing music again. Realize that the play button on the headset does nothing. Try going into the spotify app to start listening to a song. Realize that spotify tries to play up music notice that they progressbar for the song playing doesn't move. I.e. nothing happens no sound comes. Has to be resolved by restarting the headset. 

Might be a bluetooth/phone bug instead..

Re: [WP8] Spotify for Windows Phone 8 bugs go here

Drewtech
Casual Listener

This sounds like the same issue that I am having (posted above) but I am using wired earphones so it may have no link to the Bluetooth. 

1 person liked this

Re: [WP8] Spotify for Windows Phone 8 bugs go here

Eriond
Newbie

I have to second the report(s) above. In my case I had it connected via BT to my car (a Parrot MKi 9100). A call arrived, and playback was of course interrupted. After the call, the whole Spotify app had hung, and is still in a hung-up mode.

 

If I try to launch it from its tile, I briefly see the green Spotify-screen, which folds away after a second or so into a completely blank (in my case - white - since I have the light theme) screen and that's it. It hangs in this blank screen until I press the back arrow or the Window key. If I try to launch it again, the same procedure repeats over again...

 

I will now try to restart the phone and see if it helps. If there are any logging features in spotify, I would gladly supply you with any/all log files.

Re: [WP8] Spotify for Windows Phone 8 bugs go here

awesomeplant
Casual Listener

@Eriond wrote:

I have to second the report(s) above. In my case I had it connected via BT to my car (a Parrot MKi 9100). A call arrived, and playback was of course interrupted. After the call, the whole Spotify app had hung, and is still in a hung-up mode.

 

If I try to launch it from its tile, I briefly see the green Spotify-screen, which folds away after a second or so into a completely blank (in my case - white - since I have the light theme) screen and that's it. It hangs in this blank screen until I press the back arrow or the Window key. If I try to launch it again, the same procedure repeats over again...

 

I will now try to restart the phone and see if it helps. If there are any logging features in spotify, I would gladly supply you with any/all log files.


The same thing happens to me when interrupted by Endomondo (sports tracking app) on new mile/time announcements. I have a Lumnia 920, latest updates, AT&T/USA. 

 

I was using bluetooth headphones. 

Re: [WP8] Spotify for Windows Phone 8 bugs go here

awesomeplant
Casual Listener

@awesomeplant wrote:

@Eriond wrote:

I have to second the report(s) above. In my case I had it connected via BT to my car (a Parrot MKi 9100). A call arrived, and playback was of course interrupted. After the call, the whole Spotify app had hung, and is still in a hung-up mode.

 

If I try to launch it from its tile, I briefly see the green Spotify-screen, which folds away after a second or so into a completely blank (in my case - white - since I have the light theme) screen and that's it. It hangs in this blank screen until I press the back arrow or the Window key. If I try to launch it again, the same procedure repeats over again...

 

I will now try to restart the phone and see if it helps. If there are any logging features in spotify, I would gladly supply you with any/all log files.


The same thing happens to me when interrupted by Endomondo (sports tracking app) on new mile/time announcements. I have a Lumnia 920, latest updates, AT&T/USA. 

 

I was using bluetooth headphones. 


Update: attempted to reproduce the issue with regular headphones, no bluetooth devices connected, during my run yesterday. The same problem occured in that when Endomondo made an announcment, playback completely stopped in Spotify and did not resume. The app did not crash however, but I did need to re-open Spotify and start playback again fresh. Very annoying to do while running :/ 

 

This occured on lap two as well, so I shut off Endomondo's Audio Coach feature and the rest of the run was fine. 

Re: [WP8] Spotify for Windows Phone 8 bugs go here

kometkamerat
Casual Listener

- Country: Norway

- Phone: HTC 8X

- OS: Windows Phone 8 with all patches

- 3G/Wifi - Both

 

Listen to music in the car with bluetooth and then receiving a call (also trough bluetooth handsfree) results in total app crash. Cannot start playing again until I either restart the phone or wait 30 minutes. 

 

Will try turning BlueTooth off and on again next time.

 

K.

SUGGESTED POSTS