Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Bluetooth (connection) issues

[WP8] Bluetooth (connection) issues

I primarily use Spotify Premium on my Lumia 920 connect via bluetooth to by car (Mazda 3).  Issues I have seen are:

1. Spotify is not able to play songs when connected to my car especially if I had previously used it to play in the car and I had turned off the car and turned it back on.  The app comes up fine but when I select a song from a playlist - it just hangs.  After a while it times out and returns to the playlist.  Usually I have to ensure the app is completely turned off and restarted before it starts playing again. 

2. Spotify looses association as a music player when it looses the bluetooth connection with my car.  e.g. after I turn off my car with spotify playing.  When I press the volume up button of my phone I expect to see the app still in control of music by allowing my to play the paused song.  Instead the phone shows that no app is connected to play music.  I have to restart spotify for it to play songs again.

3. Spotify doesnt not automatically start playing songs from where it had left off when reconnected to a bluetooth device like a car

15 Replies

Thanks for the report. I've made your post into a separate topic so others can come and chime in on this specific issue.

Community Ergo Sum

I havent noticed the connection problem you describe as problem one.

But in regards to your secound problem, i have experienced that spotify looses association after it stops playing. after a couple of minutes som, regadless of headset or speeker, but looses it at once when you disconnect from bluetooth. 

I think the third problem is connected to the secound problem.. 

I see the exact same issues.  #3 is particularly annoying.

All same for me. Most annoying is playing a song, then connecting to bluetooth audio and the song gets stuck at 00:00 and the phone needs to be reset in order to play again. Consistent across every windows phone 8 ive tried... Was this not tested at all? Does not seem like an app that should have come out of a company like spotify.

Hey there!

I reported this bug more than YEAR AGO TO SPOTIFY! Bug was live and still live in Windows Phone 7 Spotify app. Are they fixed this? Nooooooooooo ;DDD

Lazy folks at Spotify!!! Don't use WP!

I am having exactly the same problems. I have a Nokia L920 with the newest app and my car is VW Touareg, connected on Bluetooth.

I have also noticed when I take (make or receive) a call, after the call spotify does not continue to play automatically. 

I used to have iPhone 4, and had no similar issues (same car) so it must be in the app.

Solution would be greatly appreciated as soon as possible as this is very annoying (especially when you pay for the service).

One more additional thing that I have noticed is that if I use the phone for something else and go back to the app, it put's me to the start screen. I the iPhone app used to put me where I left in the app. This would also be great function as it's hard (and dangerous and illegal)  to navigate the phone while driving! Absolute must!

So when are these things going to be solved?

I concur, we need a timeline for these fixes please.

I'm really thinking of stopping my subscription until they are fixed (poss not even start back up).  Its sooo annoying when I get in the car, wait for the phone to link via bluetooth, start spotify, BLACK SCREEN, not passing go, back button does not even work...

terible coding..

And on that note, where the HELL is fast forward or rewind ?

this is a huge issue for me and really leaves me no reason to continue subscribing.  i have to play with the app over and over to maybe get it to play/stream through bluetooth.  always gets confused and my bluetooth will drop when pressing play. once it works it generally stays as long as i dont change songs.  Pandora works great.

using nokia lumia 822 with a 2013 chevy equinox with mylink

#3 also annoys me. Beta worked but they broke it on this official version :(. I'm using Lumia 920 with my JVC player.

Yep, highly annoying as I'm streaming all my music over bluetooth (in the car, at home, on my headphones...). Spotify has made it clear more than once that they are zero committed to WP. I guess that can only change if WP ever picks up significant market share, which with Ballmer leaving Microsoft has just become a bit more likely. I'm not gonna hold my breath though...

Same issues.  Hopefully we get some traction on this because paying for something and really liking the product puts me in this awkward position of trying to decide if I should continue.  You'd think there would be some kind of response to this thread since it's obviously a problem.  If they don't want to support WP then kill the app and tell me to take a hike but don't ignore the issue and let it fester for something I pay for.

Let's get it fixed please!

@tonih77 wrote:

So when are these things going to be solved?

Good question.

Maybe before 2055 year. How much people are coming to party "They are fixed Bluetooth problem at Spotify" then?

Let me know. It will be very big party you never seen before.

Last time I contacted Spotify support they couldn't even tell me whether they are still working on maintaining the WP app. If you have the chance, take a look at Deezer. Although stability for me is the main issue at this point, the stylish UI is impressive and shows what's possible on WP.

Initially I thought the proximity between Finland and Sweden would help spur Sptify's WP development. I had high hopes for Nokia to push Spotify as much as WhatsApp. Well, looks like it's not going to happen. 

I'm very annoyed, especially #1. Makes spotify useless in the car...
what a joke that Spotify doesn't even know if they are still developing for wp8...

Suggested posts