Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] How can I use Spotify in a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows 8?

Solved!

[WP8] How can I use Spotify in a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows 8?

I have a new Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows. How can I use my paid Spotifyaccount in this mobiledevice.

Thans for fast answer.

Johan Rydell

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can't... Spotify has not released an app for WP8, and has nowhere confirmed that they will (correct me if I'm wrong).

That have not even made the WP7.5 App avaliable, which they could do in a blink of an eye.

It is clear that Spotify does not care about their WP users. Which is why I have canceled my premium subscription.

I encourage you to do the same. And let them know why!

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

You can't... Spotify has not released an app for WP8, and has nowhere confirmed that they will (correct me if I'm wrong).

That have not even made the WP7.5 App avaliable, which they could do in a blink of an eye.

It is clear that Spotify does not care about their WP users. Which is why I have canceled my premium subscription.

I encourage you to do the same. And let them know why!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Skoel is right, there is currently no application for Windows Phone 8 and no definite release date at this time but it is estimated to be released in Q1 2013. 

The WP7.5 application was mainly written by Microsoft not Spotify which is why it may not be currently available on WP8, since they have their own rival product now. We are no strangers to Spotify not releasing apps that would be easy to create, a simple android port to the BlackBerry playbook would have only taken a few hours to throw together but it never happened.

I would suggest you have a read at this topic which is the main WP8 discussion thread and I would also suggest you kudo and command on this ideas topic suggesting the app be made available. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is horrible news! I have currently a WP7 phone and have ordered a Lumia 920 (with WP8). I am useng Spotify a lot. This was very said to understand that There is no Spotify app for WP8. Very, very strange!

Säg upp Spotify. Jag har bytt till Wimp premium. Skitbra ! Samma pris bättre utbud. Den funkar på Lumia 920 

I was about to signup for Spotify, but given I am on WP8 and spotify haven't migrated their app over I don't have a choice os using them, sorry spotify, your loss, I'll try Deezer, Rdio, XBox Music or JB HiFi, I am sure they are happy to take my money here in Australia!

Hi

I also terminated my premium account with Spotify. Right now using 920's mix radio. Better sound quality and don't cost a penny 😃

Please Spotify - Release a WP8 app!!!!!

i've cancelled my premium sub too. Waiting for the app... 

I switched to Xbox Music for now. Works great on the phone, on my computers and the Windows RT tablet as well as my Xbox(!!)

@tristo72 wrote:

i've cancelled my premium sub too. Waiting for the app... 

You can wait this for very very long time.

Same hereIhave just paid for Premium so I guess I will cancel

I will be cancelling my subscription too

Its obvious that spotify dosent care about profit, letting customers go so willingly. I wouldnt want to be a shareholder in this company

I have the Nokia 820 - also WP8.

I thought I'd check out the forum to see if I'd missed anything before I cancel my subscription.

As an FYI  Deezer is on the WP8, it would seem to be free (in the beginning, at least!) so I'm switching to that.

Goodbye Spotify.  Do a WP8 release  & I may return.

Very surprising bad news. Must be some strategic fight about market shares. Could go on for long; let's leave them to that game and turn to other options still caring about the customer base on not just using it as financial leverage. I'll also post my thinking to various media, hope you all do the same. My premium since 2 years will be cancelled, so will the other 3 subscriptions we have in the family. Let's get the revolution rolling, time for new actors on the scene.

Goran

I have the same phone and there is an app for this phone and it does work. so they might have released an app recently.

Any change on this?

I have a a 920 and have downloaded the sportify app from the store.  It allows me to login and see all my playlists but freezes when I try to download or play them.

Cheers

M.

there has been an app for a while... I'm not sure exactly when it came out, but I'm using spotify on my Lumia 920 and have been for quite some time... check the Windows App Store... 

picture007.jpg

Suggested posts