Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] I need to log in every time I open the app

[WP8] I need to log in every time I open the app

Hi,

I'm on an HTC 8x, and for some reason for the past two days I'm required to login to Spotify everytime I open the app, even if I just return to the start screen and the app is running in the background (i.e. music is playing through it).

Thanks

3 Replies

+1

USA

WP8

HTC8x

Worked fine for a couple of days, then I could not take out of Offline mode, then yesterday started having to log in every time.  Tonight I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now it won't let me sign in unless I have a Premium account.    Not a real good Beta experience I must say.

@BobDole wrote:

+1

USA

WP8

HTC8x

Worked fine for a couple of days, then I could not take out of Offline mode, then yesterday started having to log in every time.  Tonight I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now it won't let me sign in unless I have a Premium account.    Not a real good Beta experience I must say.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

That is correct behaviour, you need to have a premium subscription to use Spotify on any mobile device. My guess is you got a free 48 hour premium trial when you first logged in, which is why you could use the service breifly. Customers in the USA can get free mobile radio (iOS and Android), but as far as I am aware Radio is not an implemented feature on the current Windows Phone Apps.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

There are two more things you can try:

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts