Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Mobile offline playback pauses Desktop playback (both using same premium account)

[WP8] Mobile offline playback pauses Desktop playback (both using same premium account)

Hi,

I use same Spotify premium user account in both Windows desktop and Windows 8 mobile. Windows 8 mobile Spotify has offline playlists which have been synchronized completely. Mobile is set to Offline mode. 

1. I play music from desktop in online mode

2. When I start playing music from WP8 playlist in offline mode, my desktop playback pauses with message "Spotify has been paused because your account is used somewhere else".

3. I resume playback in desktop, WP8 Spotify pauses

4. I resume playback in WP8, then both Desktop and WP8 plays simultaneously UNTIL WP8 switches to new song in playlist. 

5. Return to step 2

Same behaviour when playing music from Linux Desktop Spotify client and WP8 Spotify client 

Information that could be useful:

- Your country: Finland
- Your specific phone model: Nokia Lumia 620
- Your phone's Operating System and version Windows phone 8.0.10211.204
- Are you using 3G, WiFi? both
- The error message(s) you get: Stated above

Br Marko B

2 Replies

Simply put,, Spotify are lying to you when you select 'offline mode'.  Its not offline, playlists will sync and other things.

Offline mode is simply a note to the app not to stream music  its not offline.. Big Brother wont allow it to be completley offline

Well, it works OK with Android, so I would say it is a bug 🙂

Suggested posts