[WP8] Music won't play

Re: [WP8] Music won't play

voltronad
Casual Listener

I have the same issue - Spotify on my Lumia 920 will open, allow me to see my playlists, allow me to search music, but when I attempt to play anything it just loads and loads and loads.  I have let it sit there for up to 5 minutes with no luck (on both LTE and Wi-Fi).

-Device:  Lumia 920 (most current software update applied)

-I have logged in using both my Spotify username and my Facebook account, I get the same issue using either.

voltronad
Casual Listener

Same exact issue I am having

voltronad
Casual Listener

UPDATE:  For anyone having the issue where it just loads a song and never plays I was able to fix this doing the following:

FIRST:  My set up:

-I have Spotify Premium, I originally set up a Spotify account but then linked it to my Facebook so I can login with either.  I tried using both and neither was working.

-I have my Facebook account set to higher security, so it sends me texts when trying to login (and so when I would login to spotify it was sending me a code to use).  I was able to login but no song played.

THE FIX:

-In facebook, I went to security and did "Generate App Password".  I used that password and logged in with my facebook account.

That worked!  Hope that might help some of you with a similar set up 🙂

studert

I have the same setup. This fixed my problem. Thanks a bunch 🙂

user-removed
Not applicable

That fixed the problem for me.  Thanks

Nemesis_d

This fixed my problem. Thank you!

Goodman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice find, voltronad! I think that will help a lot of WP users.

Community Ergo Sum

shaunihall

Hi,

I have the same issue but I am not a Facebook user or account holder. The only thing I have done is accepted a shared playlist from another user who is linked to Facebook.  That could be be the cause surely?

Nokia 920 on latest software - Premium Account on Spotify

Peter__
Community Legend

@shaunihall wrote:

Hi,

I have the same issue but I am not a Facebook user or account holder. The only thing I have done is accepted a shared playlist from another user who is linked to Facebook.  That could be be the cause surely?

Nokia 920 on latest software - Premium Account on Spotify

Doesn't sound like the same cause. 

Can you describe the behaviour you are getting? First thing to try is a clean reinstallation of the app and see if that makes any difference.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Catalyst293
Casual Listener

This worked for me, Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS