[WP8] Not available in Ireland (Still)

[WP8] Not available in Ireland (Still)

Regular

HTC 8S on O2 in Ireland

The application is not available - getting a "not available for your phone, region, carrier" message.  If I sideload the app onto an SD card, it's listed as "unsupported apps and games",

I'm leaning towards thinking it's the phone not the region as I can see the app in the Irish region Windows store

Anyone else got it working on a HTC 8S

cheers P

24 Replies
Highlighted

Re: [WP8] Not available in Ireland?

Community Manager
Community Manager

The app should be available in Ireland, as you can see in the store. I've moded your post out of the main thread so others can come in here and give feedback for this specific query.

Community Ergo Sum
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Im getting the same message for my lumia 820 with vodafone ireland...

Highlighted

Regular

to clarify, can't search for it in the store, can only get phone to see the app by using a URL to the windows phone website ad getting redirected from there.  Then I get the Not available for this phone message.

still looking for anyone in Ireland to confirm they've got it installed or for Spotify to make it available please

P

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This is still not available in Ireland.

It does not appear in the store when you search, and if you try to download it by using a direct link, it says it is unavailable in your region.

Highlighted

[WP8] App not found in WP market - Ireland

Hi, I'm in Ireland, I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and can't find the app in the Windows phone 8 market, is it not released here yet? 

Highlighted

Re: [WP8] App not found in WP market - Ireland

Community Manager
Community Manager

It really should be available there now. I'll ask internally again.

Community Ergo Sum
Highlighted

[WP8.0] Not available on your phone, region, carrier - HTC8S, O2, Ireland

Regular

Hi,

been waiting for this app on windows 8 mobile since I got the phone, but I can't seem to install it on my combination.  

Seeing as Spotify don't exactly have a track record of actually replying to these threads, can anyone advise if  they've had any success / failure to install the Win 8 beta on any combination of:

- Ireland region

- HTC8S

- o2 carrier

I have tried on both 3G and Wifi, directly on the phone using the store on the phone and SD card, and typical of the OS the error code is vague enough to be maddening - some flavour of not available on you phone, region or carrier without beingspecific,

cheers Dabotchlad

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm being told that it definitely is published in the Ireland store.

If you're still not finding the app can please post two screenshots:

1. What do you see when using the direct link?
  2. What do you see when using search?
Community Ergo Sum
Highlighted

Regular

Per, thanks for your interest,

So  first off, most obviously, when I search for it in the store on the phone, it's just not returned in the search results...

wp_ss_20130219_0001.jpg

Next, If I search for it from my PC web browser on the Windowsphone site, I get the Application not available message, as below:

Capture.PNG

If I follow the published link (the corrected one) as listed elsewhere in this forum, I get the following message on the phone.

wp_ss_20130219_0002.jpg

Unfortunately the more information link, just gives me a very generic error message - as below

wp_ss_20130219_0003.jpg

Finally, if I download the app from the US store, onto an SD card, it's listed as "not available" for your phone and cannot be loaded in via that route.

These are all fresh screen shots from today (19th Feb), but consistent with what I've seen since the release 2 weeks ago.

Phone - HTC 8s

Carrier - O2

Region - Ireland

Latest versions of Win 8 and Phone software running

thanks Paul

SUGGESTED POSTS