Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Not available in Ireland (Still)

[WP8] Not available in Ireland (Still)

HTC 8S on O2 in Ireland

The application is not available - getting a "not available for your phone, region, carrier" message.  If I sideload the app onto an SD card, it's listed as "unsupported apps and games",

I'm leaning towards thinking it's the phone not the region as I can see the app in the Irish region Windows store

Anyone else got it working on a HTC 8S

cheers P

24 Replies

The app should be available in Ireland, as you can see in the store. I've moded your post out of the main thread so others can come in here and give feedback for this specific query.

Community Ergo Sum

Im getting the same message for my lumia 820 with vodafone ireland...

to clarify, can't search for it in the store, can only get phone to see the app by using a URL to the windows phone website ad getting redirected from there.  Then I get the Not available for this phone message.

still looking for anyone in Ireland to confirm they've got it installed or for Spotify to make it available please

P

This is still not available in Ireland.

It does not appear in the store when you search, and if you try to download it by using a direct link, it says it is unavailable in your region.

Hi, I'm in Ireland, I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and can't find the app in the Windows phone 8 market, is it not released here yet? 

It really should be available there now. I'll ask internally again.

Community Ergo Sum

Hi,

been waiting for this app on windows 8 mobile since I got the phone, but I can't seem to install it on my combination.  

Seeing as Spotify don't exactly have a track record of actually replying to these threads, can anyone advise if  they've had any success / failure to install the Win 8 beta on any combination of:

- Ireland region

- HTC8S

- o2 carrier

I have tried on both 3G and Wifi, directly on the phone using the store on the phone and SD card, and typical of the OS the error code is vague enough to be maddening - some flavour of not available on you phone, region or carrier without beingspecific,

cheers Dabotchlad

I'm being told that it definitely is published in the Ireland store.

If you're still not finding the app can please post two screenshots:

1. What do you see when using the direct link?
  2. What do you see when using search?
Community Ergo Sum

Per, thanks for your interest,

So  first off, most obviously, when I search for it in the store on the phone, it's just not returned in the search results...

wp_ss_20130219_0001.jpg

Next, If I search for it from my PC web browser on the Windowsphone site, I get the Application not available message, as below:

Capture.PNG

If I follow the published link (the corrected one) as listed elsewhere in this forum, I get the following message on the phone.

wp_ss_20130219_0002.jpg

Unfortunately the more information link, just gives me a very generic error message - as below

wp_ss_20130219_0003.jpg

Finally, if I download the app from the US store, onto an SD card, it's listed as "not available" for your phone and cannot be loaded in via that route.

These are all fresh screen shots from today (19th Feb), but consistent with what I've seen since the release 2 weeks ago.

Phone - HTC 8s

Carrier - O2

Region - Ireland

Latest versions of Win 8 and Phone software running

thanks Paul

Thanks for the screenshots, dabotchlad; I'll pass them on!

Community Ergo Sum

In Poland is the same situation, please help us.

Ireland should now be activated.

Community Ergo Sum

@macgivera wrote:

In Poland is the same situation, please help us.

Could you also please post screenshots?

Community Ergo Sum

Just checked there, and while it's not yet up on the Ireland store, you can get to it by direct link. Playing around with it now.

Thanks for working on this!

have it now. Thanks

Nice on Per, up and running, and just in time - my premium subscription was due to expire tomorrow, but I'm back in the fold thanks to you sorting that out...

Now off to the needed features and bugs section with me...  

I have exactly the same issue in Egypt... I know that Spotify is not official there, but I pay the Unlimited version of Spotify, and I am in France most of the time. I bought a phone in Egypt, and now, I can't download Spotify for the same reasons than previously mentioned in Ireland. I get exactly the same screens. Please help!!!

@vincenttbt wrote:

I have exactly the same issue in Egypt... I know that Spotify is not official there, but I pay the Unlimited version of Spotify, and I am in France most of the time. I bought a phone in Egypt, and now, I can't download Spotify for the same reasons than previously mentioned in Ireland. I get exactly the same screens. Please help!!!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The Spotify application is only available for download in countries where Spotify is available so you won't be able to download Spotify whilst in Egypt. It was different in the Ireland case since Spotify was available there just the app wasn't 😉 

If you are using Windows Phone unfortunately there is no way to download the application manually (like you can with android) to get around the restriction. You also need a premium subscription to use Spotify on a Windows Phone device. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for your fast answer!

So, you are telling me that I will never be able to get Spotify on my Windows 8 device because I bought it in Egypt, even if I actually pay the premium subscription??? 

Suggested posts