Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Not available in Ireland (Still)

[WP8] Not available in Ireland (Still)

HTC 8S on O2 in Ireland

The application is not available - getting a "not available for your phone, region, carrier" message.  If I sideload the app onto an SD card, it's listed as "unsupported apps and games",

I'm leaning towards thinking it's the phone not the region as I can see the app in the Irish region Windows store

Anyone else got it working on a HTC 8S

cheers P

24 Replies

@vincenttbt wrote:

Thank you for your fast answer!

So, you are telling me that I will never be able to get Spotify on my Windows 8 device because I bought it in Egypt, even if I actually pay the premium subscription??? 

Yes, to my knowledge you won't be able to download the application until you are back in a country where Spotify is available, since you need to change the country on the Windows Phone Store to be able to download the Spotify application. The idea behind premium is to give you unlimited access when abroad, so I guess Spotify assume that you will have already installed the application on your device before you leave your registered country (where the app is available).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

On WP7, there was a trick ; I could download manually a beta version of the application on Spotify website and it was possible to install it... Is there any other similar solution for WP8 coming soon?

Otherwise, is it easier in android? Spotify is my preferred and required app on my phone, so I may exchange my phone if more simple...

FYI, here is the solution : 

1- you go in the settings, choose Region/language

2- you choose the region of your choice (I chose France)

3- you will be asked to restart the phone

4- then your marketplace country changes and you can download any app oincluding spotify.

100% legal and working.

@vincenttbt wrote:

FYI, here is the solution : 

1- you go in the settings, choose Region/language

2- you choose the region of your choice (I chose France)

3- you will be asked to restart the phone

4- then your marketplace country changes and you can download any app oincluding spotify.

100% legal and working.

Awesome! Glad you got it working!! Whenever my brother tried this he got a carrior locked warning so it might not work for everyone!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I didn't buy it from a carrier, I think that's why... 

Suggested posts