Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Playlists won't sync for offline use

[WP8] Playlists won't sync for offline use

I have attempted to download 3 playlists to play offline.

I then set offline mode to on and nothing would play.

I then noticed the playlist had not synced at all, so I turned offline mode off. I went to sync again and Spotify keeps tellling me I'm offline even though I'm not - I can't download or play anything. I've logged in and out and rebooted my handset to no avail.

HTC 8X

40 Replies

Same issue as kevinm2k above...the tracks are downloaded, I can see Spotify taking up 2.8Gb on my Lumia 521, and INITIALLY playing synced tracks offline worked. But once I went online, then went back offline, the app no longer played downloaded tracks while offline. Turning it back online allows you to play tracks. Fix it.

I've pressed Download: Yes on my playlists, but spotify doesn't sync at all (connected to WiFi). 

It did download once, but then it stopped halfway through... I've rebooted my phone etc

Please fix spotify......

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Hi,

Had the same problem, but seemed to re-ignite the synchronization by the following (not sure if it's one of those and/or a combination):

- Plugged my Lumia 920 in order to charge during sync

- Went into the first playlist 'grayed green' ie. the first playlist in the Spotify app where it have seem to stopped sync'ing

- Played/paused the first song where sync' have gotten to

- Spotify app reignites sync

I have a suscpicion that in order for sync to work one has to have the Spotify app running in the foreground. Aree with others; this is a annoying bug in the app which needs to be fixed.

TM

tjsrowe,

Same problems here.

For me, I was able to initially sync all of my playlists over WiFi in order to play them in Offline Mode (the entire reason I pay for Spotify in the first place, I might add...)

However, as I add more music to these playlists on my Desktop Computer, Spotify will not sync these newly added songs. Of course, the songs appear in order to be streamed (for me to use my data) but they cannot be synced over WiFi.

Any fix on this? This is defnitely a deciding factor on whether or not I am paying for this application.

Terrible Beta. Spotify, I know you are a business...but why am I paying for an application that doesn't fulfill the main aspects of your Premium Version?

Do you have plenty of available memory on the phone?

all,

there is obviously (see all other reports within this thread)  a bug in the WP8 app where it is dificult do download larger quantities of data either for several playlists or for offline usage of tracks.

please come back with a solution because all of us are paying for premium service and we are not able to use spotify under WP8

If you decide othereways and not supporting the platform anymore - fine but as long as you offer an official version on WP8 it has to work (at least on a basic level) radio eg has never been offered but not listening to songs offline is not acceptable.

please fix asap!!!

Same problem here. Cannot play and/or sync any music. When I open one of my playlists (I only have three of them) the slider to enable synchronisation is disabled. When I do a multi selection on the overview page, I do the the green arrow pointing downwards indicating that the list has been marked for synchronisation, but nothing happens. Nothing is downloaded, but I do see a lot of 3G traffic (and that is switched off for Spotify) and my battery is being drained.

Playing music is also not working. I can select a song, and Spotify says its playing, but I hear nothing. (And volume is turned up and headphone is working)

Tried rebooting the phone, reinstalling the app (several times), connecting to a PC that has Spotify open. Nothing works.

I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription, and I will actually if this is not fixed soon.

Same problem here on my Lumia 920 in The Netherlands and Spain. It sucks because I took Premium to listen music on my phone.. Please fix this. I

[L925] Same problem here - Spotify app stops syncing the playlist without a reason (connected to wifi, phone not locked)

Edit: it´s enough storage available

Hey man, noob here, 
I don't know if anyone has responded yet, but I had the same issue for some time, out of the bloom the playlist just stopped working in offline mode,
to fix it, I just unninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it,
Worked for me...

i have noticed that you need a lot of free space to synchronize playlists. it won´t load until your memory is full, but stops at 200mb free space (don´t nail me on that number, it´s around that).

Same on a Lumia 920...

got spotify premium to listen to music on my phone even when i do not have internet.

That does not work, windows phone version of spotify wont download my playlists and i defenitely wont continue paying for something that does not work. Unsubscribe.

spotify version for Windows phone is quite crap, but double check your free space ... It helped for me. Or sometimes it just takes long (maybe because of their special peer-to-peer technology of sharing music) but it happens on the other platforms too. 

Anyway,  they should update WP version because it's just not comparable to other platforms' versions. And we pay the same..

@chrobakos - Windows Phone updates are coming soon!:
http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/02/24/were-updating-our-windows-phone-app/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I know you are working on the WP8 app, and that it's not your top priority. iOS, iOS, ,iOS, Desktop, Andorid and WP8 – in that order. But please, any time frames on a fix? On an update? On Spotify Black?

Same issue. I also notice that it does not become an offline device in my lists either. 8X

i cancelled my subscription or now until the offline sync issue is resolved. i love spotify but i also love my Windows Phone. Guys please.. there are also living people in the Windows ecosystem.

Suggested posts