Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Spotify crashes on Samsung ATIV S & Nokia Lumia 920

[WP8] Spotify crashes on Samsung ATIV S & Nokia Lumia 920

Hello community,

I like Spotify a lot and used it on my Android Smartphone with no problems.

Now I bought a Samsung Ativ S and I can't use the Application proper because when I click on "playlists" Spotify crashes while loading the playlists and showing none of them (the pixels at the top are scrolling), showing "Loading..." instead of the name of the playlist or showing the name of the playlist but every time after a few seconds I get back to the Windows tiles (I can't open a playlist, it doesn't react on clicks). When I play a song (the only songs I can play are the songs from the "what's new" tab or songs that I search) the music keeps on playing when I get thrown back to the home screen.

I already reinstalled the App but the problem still remains. I use W-LAN to have access to the server. I restarted my phone after each installation and still can't open a single playlist of mine.

Name: Samsung ATIV S

Model: SAMSUNG GT-I8750

Software: Windows Phone 8.0

Version: 8.0.10211.204

Storage: internal memory

Internet: W-LAN access

Software source: Microsoft Windows Phone Market Place

Software version: 2.0.0.0

Last updated: 08.02.2013

Number of Playlists: ~1000

I hope that somebody can help me so that I can enjoy Spotify with my new phone. Maybe the developers are reading this or someone can tell me where I could contact the service to describe my problem, because I doubt that this is a bug that can be fixed by the community.

Sincerely yours

Ativ

13 Replies

Hi. Can you try a clean reinstall following the instructions in this post

@Ativ wrote:

Hello community,

I like Spotify a lot and used it on my Android Smartphone with no problems.

Now I bought a Samsung Ativ S and I can't use the Application proper because when I click on "playlists" Spotify crashes while loading the playlists and showing none of them, showing "Loading..." instead of the name of the playlist or showing the name of the playlist but every time after a few seconds I get back to the Windows tiles (I can't open a playlist, it doesn't react on clicks). When I play a song (the only songs I can play are the songs from the "what's new" tab) the music keeps on playing when I get thrown back to the home screen.

I already reinstalled the App but the problem still remains. I use W-LAN to have access to the server.

I hope that somebody can help me so that I can enjoy Spotify with my new phone.

Sincerely yours

Ativ

Hey Joe,

thank you for your response, but I don't know in which way a reinstall instruction for Windows 8 could help me with my problem that I have with Windows Phone 8.

Sincerely yours

Ativ

have you tried turning the phone off and then on again?

Sorry......must have had a senior moment 😞

@Ativ wrote:

Hey Joe,

thank you for your response, but I don't know in which way a reinstall instruction for Windows 8 could help me with my problem that I have with Windows Phone 8.

Sincerely yours

Ativ

Hey Michael,

thank you for your response. I've restarted my phone twice after both installations and the App still doesn't work.

Sincerely yours

Ativ

Hey Joe,

no problem, I am glad that at least someone tries to help me. 🙂

Sincerely yours

Ativ

Hey,

I have the exact same problem :

- click on playlists

- a few seconds of loading (with the pixels on top scrolling)

- Spotify closes and I'm back to the tile screen

I suspect this is because I have a ton of playlists (about 300 maybe more).

Some information :

- Nokia Lumia 920

- WP version 8.0.10211.204

- 3G or WiFi crashes the same

- No error message

Remi.

Hey Remi,

that is my assumption as well. I have the same Windows version (8.0.10211.204) and my playlists are nearly 1000. I am glad that I'm not the only one with this problem and hope that this problem will be fixed soon.

Sincerely yours

Ativ

I still can't open the "playlists" tab (app is closed by the OS for using too much CPU from what I could figure out) and thus can't even download any of them, this is really starting to annoy me as there has been no updates whatsoever since I've seen this topic.

Can we get an official reply on this issue please?

@speps If you haven't done so already, you can get directly in touch with spotify by using the online contact form.. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

I have a similar issue with the app closing on me when I try to open playlists.  However, i am using the Nokia Lumia 1020 as my device.  It's frustrating, and I love spotify.  But, this makes it very, very difficult to actually use the app.  I find myself using Pandora more now, despite having a premium spotify membership.  : - (

Here is the reply I got from the support contact form :

Thank you for your feedback.

We really appreciate it and I'll be informing out developers of this feature request.
                 The moment we’ll have an announcement to make we’ll do it through our Spotify Blog, keep an eye on it 🙂 www.spotify.com/blog

Maria.

I used the "Feature request" option because I couldn't use the error one, it's crashing and I don't have any error number, it's a nice copy/paste answer...

@speps Just reply to that and a human should get back to you withing 24 hours.

Suggested posts