Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Tracks don't play when shuffle & repeat are on

[WP8] Tracks don't play when shuffle & repeat are on

I have a problem where spotify will randomly not start some songs but skip to the next. I have a Lumia 920 with the Portico update.

How to reproduce:

Start a synced playlist, turn on shuffe & repeat, skip a few songs and spotify will start to randomly not start a song.
 It's not major since it will skip to the next track until one starts and if I go back and manually select the song it skipped it will play fine.

I have a request, please for the love of all that is holy keep that autorecover in, as in if it skips a song it does not stop the app and please don't add all sorts of crazy things if it breaks stability. I'll take a bulletproof app that will always work day out and day in over one with some extra things any day of the week.

4 Replies

I haven't been able to reproduce this. I've moved this out of the bugs topic so others with the same issue can reply here.

Community Ergo Sum

Your mobile never skips a song when changing songs or fails to start one? That is strange, just by looking in the review section of the windows store I'm obviously not alone with this problem. It seems like many other players have the same problem, like Deezer and Rdio but xbox music and Nokia music never does it so there must be some sort of common denominator here.

Edit: I just want to make it clear that this only happens to playlists I've made available offline, streaming does not suffer from this.

I'm not saying some users don't experience this; just that I, personally, haven't been able to get it to happen.

But if you see people with the same issue, point them here, so they can let us know they're having this issue as well.

Community Ergo Sum

I can't get the repeat button to work at all. It's highlighted green, and it doesn't repeat. It did when I first downloaded, but not now

Suggested posts