Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8.x] Updated Spotify app is a disaster.

[WP8.x] Updated Spotify app is a disaster.

Hello.

The other day i updated Spotify on my Windows Phone to version 4.0.5385.29845.

Im terribly disappointed in this supposed "update". How on earth can you release something like this? Here are my complaints;

1.) The possibility of repeating one track is gone (1 track in a playlist). Actually i cant find anything relating to Repeat anymore. Dudes, the repeat function is so basic and its been around in various music players since the first days of CD's, any modern music player should have this. It's cool and all with neat huge artist album graphics but some of you devs are missing the point here, you don't WATCH music, you LISTEN to it. Therefor, common sense dictates you should prioritize functions relating to LISTENING to music, when you develop the app.

2.) There's something called "Queue" when you look at the options of a track you're playing. When you push this, it seems like the track indeed ends up in a que somewhere. However, there's no way to see the actual que. Again, don't focus on fancy UI's and huge album covers -- focus on making things WORK instead.

3.) There's probably some more stuff, but im so annoyed a paid service can take such a turn for the worse, in what should merely have been an "update", that i dont really even want to use the app or service anymore.

A tip for the WP devs, if there even are such, when you develop the app - THINK MUSIC.

And P.S

I hope im wrong on all points, but i fear i'm not.

BR,

Annoyed musician.

0 Replies

Suggested posts