Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Way to have a session not be considered for curated music

Way to have a session not be considered for curated music

So I run a weekly D&D game, and have started to use Spotify to provide background ambience and battle music. So far it's been a pretty big hit. The problem is that it's starting to interfere with my discover weekly playlist which I used to look forward to every week. I've got to say, it's a pretty jarring step to go from my usual techno metal to a sea shanty because we've been spending a lot of time at sea lately. Other similar threads have suggested private mode but that doesn't stop it from using those playlists for curated content. 

I have considered making a second Spotify account, but I really don't want to pay twice for premium (nothing kills the flow of battle like sudden fast food advertisements)

1 Reply

Hi @Rickbould ! 🙂
Per Spotify's support page, Discover Weekly shouldn't be impacted by your private mode sessions.
"(Note: Anything you play in a private session won’t influence your Discover Weekly recommendations)."
A couple options I can also think of:

Try a private session offline mode of a playlist (if you have your game music saved to one).
Upgrading to a Family plan. This would allow you to have separate accounts (up to 6) for a slightly increased price. It wouldn't be as ideal as having a separate free account, obviously 🙂 But would at least eliminate the ads popping in while keeping all your musical tastes separated (and still cheaper than 2 separate Premium subscriptions). 
I hope this was helpful! Happy listening/gaming! 😄

Suggested posts