Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

We're sorry, but this version of Spotify doesn't support CarPlay

Solved!

We're sorry, but this version of Spotify doesn't support CarPlay

So I was just driving along the road in my car which supports Apple CarPlay. My Spotify was working completely fine, and then completely out of the blue (no updates or anything) my Spotify stops working and when I click on the part that says "Spotify Unavailable" I receive the message which I posted in the subject "We're sorry, but this version of Spotify doesn't support CarPlay"

I have since deleted the app and re-installed it and I have turned my phone off and one and the problem still hasn't gone away. 

I am extremely confused, and annoyed by this, as I only purchased Spotify this week as I just got a new car and wanted Spotify for CarPlay which makes my purchase worthless to me if I can't use it for the reason I bought it. I am so confused as there had been no update to the app on my phone and as I said it was working completely fine and MID-JOURNEY it just stopped working and said that this version doesn't support CarPlay, even though it was the same version as it was 5 seconds before when it was working completely fine.

Is/has anyone else experienced this problem AND PLEASEEEEE could someone find a solution to this ASAP. I really don't want to have just bought Spotify for one reason for it to not work for the one reason I bought it!

Thanks,

Jamie 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

••••READ BELOW FOR SOLUTION••••

So as it turns out all I needed to do was update my iPhone to the latest version. Seems to be working fine for me now.

Will keep you posted if this changes, but yeah just as simple as an update 😄 😄 

My Spotify version is 8.4.53.689

My iOS is 11.4

I never got notified on my phone that my iPhone needed updating so have a check on your updates tab in your iPhone settings and you might have an update waiting, unless you are already on iOS 11.4?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I was good this morning but this afternoon I get the error.  The only reason to pay for Spotify is for my car.  What is going on?

Marked as solution

••••READ BELOW FOR SOLUTION••••

So as it turns out all I needed to do was update my iPhone to the latest version. Seems to be working fine for me now.

Will keep you posted if this changes, but yeah just as simple as an update 😄 😄 

My Spotify version is 8.4.53.689

My iOS is 11.4

I never got notified on my phone that my iPhone needed updating so have a check on your updates tab in your iPhone settings and you might have an update waiting, unless you are already on iOS 11.4?

Suggested posts