Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Adding tracks to playlist only shows first 50 tracks

[Web Player] Adding tracks to playlist only shows first 50 tracks

I use an old Samsung (Android).

When I download an Album and want to play it - it takes ages to show me the album- or well it actually does not show me the downloaded album - but says I should go online.

So I usually put an album in a playlist - because it is very quick to open downloaded playlist and play them.

No I made some new playlists with long Audiobooks - but in the playlists there are only 50 tracks. Are Playlists limited to 50 tracks now?

12 Replies

Hey @Ozymandia,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

You should be able to have more than 50 tracks in a playlist. 

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

You can also try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

Also - does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

I just did a reinstallation because I wanted to get rid of the other problem (not being able to open downlaoded albums).

I created the playlists with open.spotify (an extra playlist for every Outlander audiobook, german) and then downloaded that on my phone.

I am sure when I created the playlists they contained all the tracks from the album and not only 50, but after downloading they are all 50 tracks long now - also on open.spotify.

Later I did that with another German Audiobook (Schweigende See) - this playlist contains all the tracks, also on my phone and also downloaded all of them.

Hey again @Ozymandia 🙂

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you send us the URI?

Also - can you toggle on the Show Unavailable Tracks from the app's settings to see if they show up?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Did you mean the adress of the Album?

https://open.spotify.com/album/7Gu611k8pzhU6eN0GYWSEu

or my playlist?

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/67XMqSDBKe7ylWlxCNRDq9

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/79malRSxcc8rewZ3V4NQqG

It did not show any hidden tracks.

I tried to do it again.

When I add the album to a playlist prom open.Spotify it results in a 50 tracks playlist.

When I do it in the app on the phone it ads the whole album to the playlist.

So I will do that in the future....

It would be just easier and faster on the computer with open.Spotify

So it has nothing to do with that specific album ...

Hey @Ozymandia,

Thank you for the update and sharing the workaround you've found and if you continue having troubles, it would be great if you can provide us a screen recording of the exact steps you've been taking.

By the way -  does this occur on playlists you make containing regular tracks and not audiobooks also?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

I try to record it later.

Have you ever seen a non audiobook album that has more than 50 tracks, that I can use to try?  🙂

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reporting this to us. Make sure to add your +VOTE if you're also experiencing this and subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you haven't already - it would be great if you can provide us the following information:

• Any screenshots/screen recordings of what's happening - keep in mind to double-check that they're not containing any private/sensitive info
  • URI of the album you're trying to generate a playlist from
  • How many tracks appear in the playlist
Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Cheers!
JeremyModerator

Hey @Ozymandia,

Thanks for reporting this to us!

So that we can take the investigation further, could you provide us with the following:

• Your device + OS version
  • The exact Spotify version on your device
  • The exact steps to reproduce this issue (feel free to use bullet points)?

If you like, you can use the following album, which has 57 tracks on it, as a test:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2fuoH513k6lw1q2aUdkJ2m

Once we have that, we can try seeing if we can reproduce the issue using your steps before confirming this as an issue and investigating it further.

Cheers!

Hi Peter,

sorry that I did not go on with this..

But I did some experiments.

It is only a problem when I use open.spotify - on a computer.

The 50 tracks problem did not happen again.

But when I try to to ad an album to a playlist that has more than 100 tracks - open.spotify only produces a new playlist with nothing in it.

Maybe allready changed something in the last two weeks  - so the cuting and only adding 50 tracks did not happen again.

Because what also just changed recently is that when you want o add an album to a new playlist - you had to choose the name of the playlist first - and now it produces a playlist with the name of the album.

All that does not happen when I use my phone.

I add screenshots of how I added the albums and then the link to the resulting playlists.

does that help?

Ozymandia_0-1605619845612.png

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ncgatacgWdL9MpeeKluiC

Ozymandia_0-1605620166558.png

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/10NgFM6HMj80VMWJeeko2i

Sorry, The system says I cannot post so many messages... but it will not take more than one picture per message, so here the last link without picture

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5ljSYp51PK71E6CkgnitJa

So the first was your suggestion, then an album with 99 tracks, also works.. and then an audiobook with 500 tracks, resulting in an empty new playlist.

When I do that on the phone... it always adds the whole album.

Hey @Ozymandia ,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear that the original issue with creating a new playlist from an album with 50+ tracks was resolved.

We appreciate your report that it continues with albums of more than 500 items and have passed it on to the developer team, however we can't say if and when exactly this will be fixed. 

In the meantime as a possible workaround we recommend using the app to create playlists with such large albums.

We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts