Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Bug: Google Chrome spinning icon in browser tab persists until click on cover artwork

Solved!

[Web Player] Bug: Google Chrome spinning icon in browser tab persists until click on cover artwork

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103  (64-Bit)

Operating System

Ubuntu Linux 18.04.2

My Question or Issue

A few days ago this issue started to occur. Everytime you play a song through the webplayer via Google Chrome browser, the little favicon in the spotify browser tab keeps spinning, as if the site is still loading content, although it isn't (besides the music). You can stop this by clicking on the (new!?) cover art work button next to the plus sign in the bottom left corner. The spinning icon in the tab is really annoying, if you have other tabs open, as there is always something moving.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Bug fixed in today's update.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have also just noticed this as of yesterday. My Chrome tab appears to be spinning, and the lower left corner keeps saing things like "waiting for cache files" or "wait for api.spotify.com". Music playback seems fine and hasn't been interrupted, but it seems to just be stuck. Clicking the artwork didn't seem to work for me. I tried clearing my cache, history, etc., but came up with the same issue.

Same thing happens for me: after web player load/reload there is a spinner on the chrome tab until I click the new mini player button once. This happens EVERY time. 

I first noticed this problem on Saturday, April 20. I think it's pretty widespread because I've tested it on different machines at different locations running Windows and macOS, and also with a fresh installation of Chrome with no extensions, and it happens every time without fail. IME, just go to open.spotify.com on any desktop or laptop computer running Chrome, and you'll get the spinner that never goes away until you click the brower's stop button. It'll get stuck with a "Waiting for…" message at the lower left, most often "Waiting for spclient.wg.spotify.com" and "Waiting for api.spotify.com", but I've seen other addresses there, too (right now: "Waiting for "cm.g.doubleclick.net").

Marked as solution

Bug fixed in today's update.

Suggested posts