Announcements

[Web Player][Connect] Support Sonos speakers in web application

[Web Player][Connect] Support Sonos speakers in web application

Music Fan

I can't find my Sonos speakers in the web application (open.spotify.com), when I click on the 'connect to a device' button in the right bottom corner.

If I click on the button, all I see are my smart home speakers, such as Alexa, but no Sonos speaker is listed. 

Works perfect in the iOS app though.

13 Replies

Re: [Web Player][Connect] Support Sonos speakers in web application

Regular
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. My SONOS One speaker can't be found in the web application, whereas it works with the Android app. Have you found a fix / workaround ?
On top of that, I have noticed the following bug: if open.spotify.com is open on my computer (and logged into my account), I can't stream to my Sonos speaker from the Android app. Clicking on this device does not do anything, until I close the browser tab on my computer.
Thanks

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

It's a good idea to restart the device and then to log out and log back in again. We'd suggest you also clear the cache and cookies of the browser. 

You can also send us a screenshot of how the Connect to a device button looks like. When did the issue occur? We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Regular

Hi Ver,

I have restarted the Sonos Speaker --> No change

Log out / log back (Done on Spotify Web App) --> No change

Delete then register again Spotify in Sonos app --> No change

Clear cookies, history, cache --> No change

This is what the 'Connect to a device' button looks like :

mat4444_0-1610013752803.png

I only see the current browser tab and my Google cast devices. The Sonos speaker which is visible in the Android app, is not available in the Web app.

I am not sure when the problem appeared, but it used to work a few months ago.

Any other idea ?

Thank you !

Hey @mat4444,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall on your devices? This one is more thorough than the usual one. In case you're using an SD card for your phone, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD.

It's also a good idea to try with another account. That way we can check if it's an account-related issue. Are there any changes?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Regular
Hi @Ver,
I followed the steps you mentioned (clean reinstall + new account), but it does not work.
Actually, I am not sure what is the purpose of reinstalling the app. My issue is related to the web player.

Hi again @mat4444,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you try unlinking your Spotify and Sonos account, restarting both devices, then linking them again? Just follow the steps in this article.

Also, try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you try downloading the desktop app and letting us know if the issue persists there?

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

Regular

Hi,

I mentioned I tried unlinking the Sonos and Spotify accounts. I also restarted the devices and my router several times during this troubleshooting. It didn't help.

However, with the desktop app, I am able to see and connect to my Sonos speaker. So the problem is definitely on the web app.

Hey @mat4444,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

Could you try the web player on another browser and using an incognito/private window? Any differences?

If possible, it's also worth trying with a different connection, such as a mobile hotspot to see if that does the trick.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Regular

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Your suggestions didn't help. However, I have identified some situations where it works:

- If I play a song on my Sonos speaker from the Android App, the speaker will appear in the web app.

- If I use a voice command (Google Assistant) directly on my Sonos One speaker to play a Spotify song/playlist, the speaker will appear in the web app.

However the player won't appear in the web app if another source was previously playing on my Sonos (Sonos radio, AirPlay stream etc.), while it is visible in the Android app.

SUGGESTED POSTS