Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] [Desktop] [Podcasts] Podcast episodes management

[Web Player] [Desktop] [Podcasts] Podcast episodes management

Let me introduce the idea by saying I use a spreadsheet to track what episode I want to listen to Spotify is so horrible and obnoxious about it.

The web player is absolutely horrible at this. Can't read the description with the weird white background and can't select all and copy paste neither. Impossible to manage.

fredrb28_0-1617828685600.png

The desktop app is better but lacks a feature allowing to mark a podcast as "listened" because some of us listen from different sources or have listened to older episodes elsewhere. Even if this is better on the desktop app, I still use the web player because at least there I can see the video but I have to manage my episodes on a spreadsheet.

fredrb28_1-1617828881188.png

I'd also like a way to add a note or color code the episodes. For reference, here's a glimpse at my spreadsheet. I put in red whatever I want to listen to while focussed on the episode like driving because the guest is serious and others are comedians and lighter stuff I use while working or working out. I used to be able to copy the descriptions from Podbay but you know...

fredrb28_2-1617828984765.png

People don't want to use podcast in a playlist like songs because most of us won't listen to many in a row. It's more a list we keep track of what we haven't listened yet to browser and choose from. 

5 Replies

Hey @fredrb28 ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

The web player shouldn't appear with a partial white background as it does on your screenshot. Do you mind opening the page again in a private or incognito browser? This can fix issues with the cache which might be causing the page to be unresponsive.

As for the option to mark an episode as played on desktop - it seems that other Spotify users also mentioned they'd like to see this feature and posted this idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any.

We'd also recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for the option to color code episodes  and if not post your own.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Incognito browser does display correctly but then I refreshed the normal browser and it's still white. My idea was much more detailed and indepth than just "mark as played" ...

Hi there @fredrb28,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

Can you confirm if you cleared your cache and cookies?

It would also be great if you can try with a different browser to see if the issue persist.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I did clear the cache and it didn't fix it. I tried on edge and it works but I won't switch browser. I don't think that's a fix. All my passwords, favorites, etc are set in Chrome. 

Hey @fredrb28,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Can you try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a few seconds? Also and if possible, could you try using a different connection, like a mobile hotspot, and let us know if the issue persists?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts