Free

Country
Brasil

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

Since day 17 my spotify web player does not play any music, it appears as if I had not played in any yet
 In "played recently" shows that I played some but this did not happen.
 I already tried another browser and open the song in another tab, also tried to click on the play button continuously while I give F5, nothing happend...

I can use the mobile and desktop version normally

[Português]
 Desde dia 17 meu spotify web player não toca nenhuma musica, aparece como se eu não tivesse dado play em nenhuma ainda.
 Em "tocadas recentemente" mostra que eu toquei algumas mas isso não aconteceu.
 Eu já tentei outro navegador e abir a musica em outra guia, tambei ja tentei clicar continuamente no botão de play enquanto dou F5, nada aconteceu...

Eu consigo usar a versão mobile e desktop normalmente.

print.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @grimesidosa

I'd suggest checking your hosts file, maybe that's the culprit (it was for me). You'll need admin rights, but otherwise it's an easy procedure. 🙂

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

(I actually had this line when I had issues getting it working - 0.0.0.0 open.spotify.com)

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @grimesidosa

I'd suggest checking your hosts file, maybe that's the culprit (it was for me). You'll need admin rights, but otherwise it's an easy procedure. 🙂

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

(I actually had this line when I had issues getting it working - 0.0.0.0 open.spotify.com)

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

it worked for me thanks a lot ❤️

Suggested posts