My Question or Issue
Since day 17 my spotify web player does not play any music, it appears as if I had not played in any yet
In "played recently" shows that I played some but this did not happen.
I already tried another browser and open the song in another tab, also tried to click on the play button continuously while I give F5, nothing happend...
I can use the mobile and desktop version normally
Desde dia 17 meu spotify web player não toca nenhuma musica, aparece como se eu não tivesse dado play em nenhuma ainda.
Em "tocadas recentemente" mostra que eu toquei algumas mas isso não aconteceu.
Eu já tentei outro navegador e abir a musica em outra guia, tambei ja tentei clicar continuamente no botão de play enquanto dou F5, nada aconteceu...
Eu consigo usar a versão mobile e desktop normalmente.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'd suggest checking your hosts file, maybe that's the culprit (it was for me). You'll need admin rights, but otherwise it's an easy procedure. 🙂
1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to
3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like
0.0.0.0 website.com 127.0.0.1 website2.com
Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:
0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net
(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.
(I actually had this line when I had issues getting it working - 0.0.0.0 open.spotify.com)
Let me know how it goes!