Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Issue

Solved!

Web Player Issue

Hi folks. We're aware that Web Player doesn't currently work for everyone.

We're investigating and will let you know when there's an update.

Community Ergo Sum
293 Replies

Hi Per,

Can I ask a follow-up question to this please?

I struggle to understand why my music keeps getting interrupted, and need help to single out the cause please.  Here's my thinking so far:

1)  Spotify (the web-player) does not work very well on a Chromebook?    (Tip to Spotify: you guys should make a Chromebook-specific app, it would be very welcome!)

2)  The ''FREE'' internet service provider here in France somehow assigns not enough bandwidth for Spotify?   (I generally have 4-5 Mbps DL, and Deezer works without interuptions.  Could it be a case of protectionism/politics here?)  ((example: back in 2012, FREE kept cuttting out YouTube-ports on purpose.  same thing happening here?))

WDYT?   Grateful for any thoughts.

Lastly, just to understand:  

am I right when guessing that whenever the music stops, to then resume AT EXACTLY THE POSITION IN THE SONG a few seconds later, then that is a proof of the feed (on the sending side) was interupted, not that the HW/SW on the receiving side (me) was momentarily choked?

Cheers, Johannes

My web player is still entirely not working. The sidebar with options (Search, Browse, etc) appear, but otherwise clicking on them leads to grey screens - nothing shows up whatsoever. I have tried logging in and logging out, "view page info" and allowing media (suggested on a separate forum), and still nothing works. 

Screenshot 2015-01-08 at 10.54.56 AM.png
Marked as solution

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can try the following:

• Clean browser's cache
  • Try incognito mode
  • Try withj another browser

Great! The incognito mode worked. Does this mean whenever I want to use Spotify I have to go Incognito now?

I am having trouble connecting to the web player with the most recent version of Google Chrome.  Is there any other users having this issue?

Hi, i just logged on to the web player after a gap of a couple of weeks, only to find the "Your Music" section gone.  Any idea what's happening there?  I browsed a track whcih was in my library, and when i found the track it still said it was still saved to "Your Music."  But where is "Your Music" now?

Arif

Hi everyone,

Same here, every zo many weeks the webplayer doesn't work anymore. Bloody anoying. This time I couldn't open the radio and my music sections. every time I try to open them, there is a short browser text below which says "connecting to facebook.com..." . Am I in trouble for not having a facebook account?!

Coming from the Google Music Player subscription I was impressed with some of the features of Spotify during the free week.

I was about to upgrade to premium and decided to listen on my PC while doing so.  To my surprise the web player does not work in chrome.  I found a playlist and clicked on the first song in the playlist to play it.  The player comes up on the top right of the window but no sound.  I notice that the player is skipping through the songs in the playlist, pausing a second or two at each.  The time slider never increases from 0.  I found several threads which describe problems with the web player.  I guess it fails more than it works.  Anything I should try before going back to the Google Music player which works in chrome? 

@caedmon 

I suggest you contact support. They might be able to help you solve the problem.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I use Spotify in Google Chrome all the time. (I tried Google Play and it
didn't have nearly as good as a library.) It's true, I had the exact
problem you are describing. And although I can't remember what I did, if
anything, I haven't had that problem in about a year. So, don't give up
and contact support.

I have been having issues using the spotify player on my computer since last week.  I can log in and search, but when I click to play music no sound comes out and the time bar doesn't move.  I can play spotify just fine with my iphone app, but no luck on the computer.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi hi, my webplayer hasn't been working for days.. I've checked the forum and it seem to happen quite often after someone clears their browser data.. Is there any way you can hep me? 🙂 Appreciate it..! 

Screen shot 2015-02-12 at AM 11.27.21.png

Not working.

Stops playing and then skips songs endlessly.

The search has stopped working. Firefox 35.0.1 with Flash 11.2.202.442 under Slackware Linux

screenshot.jpg

Search is also not working for me on Chromebook but has before today.

Okay, then we can assume it's not browser related at least.

Hi guys,

Have you tried using a different browser or incognito mode with cleaned cookies/cache? If that doesn't help let me know!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Search seems to work using a Private Window under Firefox 35.0.1.

HI Team, 

I noticed that on Chrome the Web Player is not allowing you to see the "additional options" which is the (...) button that allows you to share the song, add to playlist, etc. Here is an example of the button. 

I was having the same issue:

Chrome web player search feature not working.

Worked in Incognito.

I disabled adblock plus extension for the web player and then it worked.  I re-enabled it again and now the web player still works with adblock running on the page.  Very odd.

Edit: Spoke a bit too soon, now the now playing part to the right side isn't showing.  Disabling the Adblock Plus extension for the page however makes it show up again.  So for some reason it seems that Adblock Plus is interfering with certain features of the web player.

Suggested posts